DJ Deutsches Jungvolk armband

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Hola,

I noticed that Freiwillige Militaria was selling a DJ armband for 400 euros, so I did a bit of research on the forum to find armband it is certainly not DJ but could have worn by a Flemish youth organisation. So i took it upon myself to email Freiwillige ref the arm band and pass on the information I found on the forum.I received a email shortly thereafter from Stephen at Freiwillige "thanking me for the information". Needless to say the so called DJ armband is still for sale at 400 euros, some poor soul is about to be ripped off big time. The website is also selling a piece of the outed HJ Ehrenzeichen Fur verdiente Auslander for only 200 euros, a joke surely? I amazes me that these dealers know a item is a fake and even get told its a fake but continue to sell that item as original, disgusting. Rant complete.

Best regards...Ewan:spain

I have this photo. Im quite sure it shows the DJ sig rune armband. And like you said, it was worn by a youth organisation pre 1933. What organisation that is, im still unsure. But a good photo for reference never the less :)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

A closer up, sharper pic :)

Attachments

Hi there,

Great photo, I am still learning about DJ myself, but when I saw the DJ armband for sale, I looked at the forums cloth insignia section, and at armbands in fake's and sure enough 2nd from the bottom on the first page is a good article about these armbands. There is more information in that article about the Flemish youth and some good photos. Sorry I cannot help you out anymore than that.

Can anyone else help identify the uniform worn by the youth in the picture ??

Hi

It looks like the " Scharnhorst " Bund deutscher Jungmannen.

Good morning,

Yes looked this up, and the belt buckle worn by the youth is as you said "Scharnhorst-Bund deutscher Jungmannan, this youth organisation was amalgamated into the HJ in 1933.
As people say "You learn something new everyday"

:spain

Last edited:
So there is a high chance this is that 'DJ armband' but still the vast majority of the DJ armbands are fake

It is easy to fake this armband. You are absolutely right, 400 Euros is an exorbitant sum. If this armband turns out to be a fake, it is better to keep your money .....

Attachments

:spainYes, far to easy to fake, and as you say a mad mad mad price, lets hope it never sell's.

Difficult to tell from the photo but if it is a DJ Sigrune all that we can be sure of is that there was never an official armband introduced specifically for the DJ. I have seen another photo showing boys in youth uniforms wearing these but in my opinion they are just examples of manufacturers making a fast buck by producing things unofficially under their own initiative. Eventually the RZM and RJF stepped in to sort it all out of course but as we know, some strange things were in use early on that eventually disappeared through standardisation.

an armband like this is debated with various occasions.
I checked German price-lists and this type was not offered anyway since 1933 or later.
It is known the armband was worn in Germany prior to 1933 by members of the Jungvolk.
Reason is not known too me (or I may have forgotten about it)!

It is a known fact the armband in this style was worn by the Vlaamse Jeugd in Belgium.
I have shown some photographs in wear before and I will repeat it for the good of the cause!

Lad, wearing such a typical armband. I must have his name somewhere, but cannot find it at
the moment:

armband like shown, as used by a lad, holding a flag with the name Joris van Severen:

group of youngers, all wearing the rune armband. Names are know too me, as they
are at the back of the photo, which is from 1941:

The best one of all. Shown is "Banleider" Renaat Bauweraert, leader of the "Vendel"
Ban I from Antwerp from the Vlaamse Jeugd, which was raised in the fall of 1940.
The group was combined July 8, 1941 with the AVNJ.
Renaat is shown with his girlfriend Tilleke:

Attachments

Hi Wilhelm

Thank you adding lots more detail and photos to this thread. I am in the process of learning about shoulder straps, using your book and this forum but I truly have a lot to learn.

Best regards.....Ewan

Hello Wim,

Thank you for your photos and additional explanations. I don't know if I'm wrong but it looks like the design of the armband is different in the photos. I see a square under the Siegrune and not a rhombus.
Best Regards
Eric

yes, it is a square. As far as I have found out all armbands with a rhombus are anyway fake/reproductions!
You will not find an armband in manufacturers price-lists with a rhombus. I have never seen this! The RZM
always shows them with a square
Rhombus is merely Studentenbund.

this confirms what i thought but without pictures to show it is difficult to prove it ....!. Now we have proof that this DJ armband on sale is a fake.

I cannot remember ever having seen an armband worn, with a swastika upon a rhombus (other then for Students).
I neither can remember having seen such an armband being offered in price-lists.
Even some older photos, where the armband with sigrune is worn, do show a square.

The lad is wearing the early DJ
Schiffchen with chin-strap, as well as an SA belt-buckle:

Attachments

Thanks to all contributors of this debate. I learn new things.

Yes, indeed. I've stickied this thread. Some but not all of the info in this one has been posted in other threads by Wim over the years but never so much in one place. It will be very useful for anyone trying to find info on these armbands.

Hello,
it is an armband that I bought a long time ago, it is not embroidered but weaves like the classic HJ armband, it is a very small size.

Attachments

Back