DJ Fanfare Banner Red Lion for your opinions

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Hi Guys,

See photos of DJ fanfare banner with rune and lion. I am guessing Lion is Belgium related ? Jack what do you think ?
They are the only photos I have so far, can you please give your opinions on the banner ?
Thank you

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Ewan,

In a quick assessment here, I would think much more of a Bergischer Löwe or its prototype, the Limburgischer Löwe. The difference between the two is the colour of the crown and the claws: Berg in blue, Limburg in gold. This is not quite easy here on the black ground, but it is rather golden, isn't it?
I'm sure there are other options, but that's my first thought on it.

Hi Ewan,

In a quick assessment here, I would think much more of a Bergischer Löwe or its prototype, the Limburgischer Löwe. The difference between the two is the colour of the crown and the claws: Berg in blue, Limburg in gold. This is not quite easy here on the black ground, but it is rather golden, isn't it?
Thank you Jack you are a star

Hi Ewan,

Good morning all,

And it is raining again Scotland, not good as I am on a Veterans parade this afternoon so in for good soaking, but it will be good to see my fellow Paratroopers again drink and tell the same stories

Yes,Jack you were correct as usual. It looks like golden claws and crown on lion so it looks like it is Limburgischer Löwe see photo below with double tailed red lion with gold crown and claws. For the town of "Kerpen" in the state North Rhine Westphalia. Kerpen is 20km SW of Cologue (Koln).
Have to go, but will find Jungbann etc details later.

Cheers...Ewan

Attachments

Hi Ewan,

Thanks for the feedback.
I hope you have a lot of fun this afternoon.

Good morning Ewan,

Jack is probly right with the "Bergischer Löwe", here two more links for you:

Bergischer Löwe: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergischer_Löwe
Löwe / Wappentier: https://www.heraldik-wiki.de/wiki/Löwe_(Wappentier)

Interesting topic, I have been dealing with heraldry for a long time, especially with the historical coats of arms of our family. (Westerholt noble family)

Weekend greetings to "Bonnie Scotland"! ;)

Micha

Hi Ewan,

Thanks for the feedback.
I hope you have a lot of fun this afternoon.
Hi Jack,

Thank you it was a great gathering. In ref to the fanfare banner I cannot find out which Bann the fanfare may have belonged too ?
Can I please request your expert help ? when you have the time.

Best regards...Ewan

Hi Ewan,

I think it might be quite difficult to pin down an exact city or Bann. More like a region or area.
Even that should be quite time consuming. After all, it's not a coat of arms, but "only" a heraldic animal.
My free time is very limited at the moment, and I would also like to contribute to Garry's Bannführer project. When things look better again, I will try to find out something about your lion. I just have to ask you for a little patience :yo:.

Good morning Jack,

Thank you for your comments, I know you are very busy, and any help in the future would be greatly appreciated.
Trying to pin the banner down to a Bann is going to be a long hunt, but i am up for it.

Best regards....Ewan

Back