DJ Flag Friedberg

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good afternoon all ,

This flag is owned by a friend of a friend, he has given me permission to post the photos of this flag from his collection. The information I have is the spire shown on the reverse of the flag is known as the "Adolfsturm" in Friedburg castle in the West Hessen/Nassau region. These are the only photos I have.
I look forward to your opinions on this flag.

Best regards...Ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Ostensibly this is a DJ Stamm flag for Stamm IV "Alemannen" within Jungbann 1/287 (Offenbach) in HJ-Gebiet 13 Hessen-Nassau. The parent Bann was raised in 1934 and the DJ Stamm represented four Fähnlein (approx 600 boys).

Regulation DJ Stamm flags measured 180x200cm and had five clips for attachment to the carrying pole but they did not have a corner panel with a unit number.

I can't see any clips as that area isn't shown on the photo and obviously I don't know the size of your friend's flag so I can't comment on those things but the corner panel is definitely a discrepancy. I'm not saying that the flag is a fake because of it of course but it is an odd addition.

From March 1935 the Stamm was no longer authorised to carry a flag. Flags and pennants that had been in use prior to 30.1.1933 were redesignated as tradition flags/pennants but this did not apply to the DJ Stamm flag so it effectively became redundant from March 1935.

Ostensibly this is a DJ Stamm flag for Stamm IV "Alemannen" within Jungbann 1/287 (Offenbach) in HJ-Gebiet 13 Hessen-Nassau. The parent Bann was raised in 1934 and the DJ Stamm represented four Fähnlein (approx 600 boys).

Regulation DJ Stamm flags measured 180x200cm and had five clips for attachment to the carrying pole but they did not have a corner panel with a unit number.

I can't see any clips as that area isn't shown on the photo and obviously I don't know the size of your friend's flag so I can't comment on those things but the corner panel is definitely a discrepancy. I'm not saying that the flag is a fake because of it of course but it is an odd addition.

From March 1935 the Stamm was no longer authorised to carry a flag. Flags and pennants that had been in use prior to 30.1.1933 were redesignated as tradition flags/pennants but this did not apply to the DJ Stamm flag so it effectively became redundant from March 1935.
Thank you Garry,

If anyone knew the history of this DJ Stamm flag it was you. Strange ref the corner panels being a discrepancy, as they are the correct Bann numbers, but your right they should not be there. I will ask the owner of the flag the size ? and if any clips are still in place or if there are any signs of where the clips should have been ? And get back to you if I get any answers.

Best regards...Ewan

A great flag and certainly a rarity. Your friend will be lucky to have this flag in his collection. Thank you for showing.

Back