DJ Gulashkanone

Thanks Received
Hello all
Enjoy a nice photo from a book I own called 'Jungvolk Im Lager'
A common book, but is filled with some amazing photos.
I have coloured it and it makes it come alive

Enjoy
Josh

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Beautiful image, and nicely coloured.
When you look at it up close, I don't think it's food, but clothes that are being heated/washed/disinfected. In the background on the left, someone is holding his tunic ready for this, and it would definitely not be allowed to just reach into the food.
And "Technische Bereitschaft/Technical Service" would not contradict this interpretation.

Hi Strumble69,

a famous quote is attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte:
"Eine Armee marschiert auf dem Bauch!" / "An army marches on its belly!"

True, the subject of the "Goulash Cannon" is complex, it has a formative effect on all (world) wars, on all fronts.

Feldkochherd: Feldkochherd – Wikipedia

A typical German saying is: "Ohne Mampf, kein Kampf!" ("No munch, no fight!") ;)

Photo gallery: gulaschkanone Hitlerjugend - Recherche Google

Micha
P.S. Link to the book... jungvolk im lager, Erstausgabe: Bücher - ZVAB

in the late 1970s, our "Hauptfeldwebel" sold candy bars and potatoe chips to the soldiers.
Coffee and tea came by from an british truck, teriible, drinking this "tea" was scheisse!
One german Mark for tea in a paper cup, what a "scheisse"!
The british so called "Sandwiches" were ugly, you would not rely on someting like this in a comat situation!

What else to say about the 1970s, on the way to defend the european homeland, it was a joke!
The british Paras were though as hell, finally the jumped into the wrong river, loosing several soldiers...

Micha

Back