DJ Shooting Badge M1/77 Back Slash Facing in WRONG direction

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good morning all,

I was just browsing Weitze lastest offerings, and noticed the M1/77 DJ shooting badge he is selling, that the back slash / on the makers mark is facing in the wrong direction ie \ . How could this be ? a Fake or a Mistake or a Variation ?. I ask as the maker marked M1/77 DJ shooting badge is normally regarded as per this forum a "Good One".

I need a good M1/77 DJ shooting badge for my collection, so I ask your opinions ?

See photos below of Weitzes badge front and rear, and a photo of a normal M1/77 badge ( middle photo ) taken from this forum.

Best regards....Ewan :spain

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

If pics 1 and 2 are the same badge then it's fine. That is weird with the slash on the other one though isn't it. Never seen that before.

All original badge in my opinion. I own an identical DJ marksmanship badge with the \ forward slash. I also own a NSDAP membership badge with the same M1\77 over small RZM markings to the back. Jo has a similar NSDAP badge on his web site as well. There are a couple of other M1 markings on small badges with a forward slash. Variant or error reverse die would be my thoughts ....

Good morning,

Thank you for your reply, so TR period it is, I will wait and see if i get a better condition badge at a better price then 130 euro.

Best regards.....Ewan :spain

Back