Double fabric HJ armband

Thanks Received
Best regards.
I love the orange color of this bracelet.
I think that these bracelets had a double function, they could be changed by turning them over and using the white one for another function. I don't know something. I read somewhere about a white bracelet. I'm not sure, could it be the case because these bracelets have double fabric?
If anyone knows anything, I'd appreciate it.

Árbitro de juegos de guerra?

War Games Umpire

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen such an armband before, but it seems to have been sewn up at that time. The HK woven and fabric on the front definitely match, but the white fabric on the inside doesn't mean anything to me. Maybe someone can say something.

Thank you for answering. My suppositions such lining was destined in the children's war games to make two teams, turning said bracelets differentiating themselves from the others, it is pure objection I don't know the last two photos are of other bracelets and are marked as War Games Referee war of the bracelet list.But these white bracelets still weren't HJ.

Was he preparing to surrender?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that this item has been cut from a HJ sports vest. There were three different methods of attaching insignia as explained here:

Type 3 (introduced in July 1938) had two HJ armbands sewn around the chest and I think that's what we are looking at here. Someone has removed the front armband from a vest at some point.

Indeed someone could make an armband with the sports shirt, thanks for the clarification.

Great that we now have an explanation.
The war games thing was quite unlikely. To distinguish between the fighting parties, different coloured strings were usually handed out in bigger fights, which had to be torn off the opponent, then he was "dead" and out of the competition.
If, for example, it was a fight between two Scharen or even smaller units, they knew each other and it was often enough to snatch the opponent's scarf knot. And...never surrender :biggrin1:!

Yes, I find the color and design a bit strange.
They were just my assumptions and without foundation

Hi Julius,
I would also not have thought it possible that sports shirts with sewn-on armbands were sold as RZM-compliant.
But Wim's posting #17(2012) in Garry's link clearly shows exactly that. It says:
Es wird je eine Armbinde auf Vorder- und Rückseite des Hemdes aufgenäht. Or:
One armband is sewn on the front and one on the back of the shirt.

So no one sewed the armband onto the fabric just like that, for example to make it more stable, but it was officially sold as a sports shirt exactly like that after 1938 as one of two versions. Unfortunately, you don't have the whole shirt, but "only" the middle stripe.
Nevertheless, it is interesting.

Yes, here it is again in another publication which also mentions the Type 2 on the same date. I'll try to find the regulation in my stuff that introduced the Type 2. July 1938 marked the introduction of a large update to the uniform regulations.

Attachments

If thanks for the answers you have part of something, chunks, small sections or whatever, the main thing is that it is 100% original. Regards.

Back