Early HJ visor

Thanks Received
Hello "Community " ! I need help on a special HJ hat . As you can see on both pictures there is a light cap band worn ( white or silver ) . I am supposed that it is a special sign for the "Streifendienst" or for those HJ members that perform police duties. Does anybody know for what it has been worn those days?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos. Yes indeed. Bannführer Oberbann 3 (white band with green cord around the top of the visor). If I could see the Bann number on his straps I would be able to give you his name. Do the photos have any notes on the reverse? Just wondering whether the event in pic 2 also took place in Thüringen. That would allow us to name the Gebietsführer.

Thanks Gary and thanks Josh for giving me detailled information. I am sorry but the photos have no notes on the reverse.

Thanks Gary and thanks Josh for giving me detailled information. I am sorry but the photos have no notes on the reverse.
Be careful with that first photo. Ive very rarely been stung with repo photos but this one I had to send back to the seller due to it being a fake. So just be extra careful :)

the first photo is not a fake, it is a reprint from an original glass-negative.
I do own the same photo for over 20 years! I thought it is a typical Szabo reprint.
I bought it for 10,- Dm from him.
Thanks a lot - it´s good to have someone like you here in this forum.

Back