Einsatz-Gefolgschaft armband

Thanks Received
What are the thoughts on this armband? Someone added a metal number from a shoulder board or collar tab to it.
Mike

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

"Ejnsatz" instead of "Einsatz" - is it Yiddish :lol:? Additionally, there's a wrong Schluss-s in this word and a missing Ligatur/ligature ("sch") in "Gefolgsch(aft)". I think that says it all ...

No problem Mike. I'm afraid the prices are not adequate to copies ...?
Those items originally sold in millions, like scarves or armbands, are getting more and more expensive, and the number of "creative" copies like in this case is still rising. Here we have only one reason why not only the historian and researcher need language skills but the collector as well as Wim and Henrik rightly stated in that literature discussion thread. And even it is only to avoid spending a lot of money on crap. The quick buck? We shouldn't make it too easy for them.

Jack, that armband was in the auction of a huge amount of several hundred items that almost every item was a fake.
Mike

Any ideas on these?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Further to what I said above, I have now found some period evidence showing the introduction of "HJ-Einsatzgefolgschaft" armbands. It comes from a statement issued in Nov 1944 by Gebiet 29 Oberdonau regarding the raising of HJ-Stoßtrupps and Einsatzgefolgschaften (the Einsatzgefolgschaft was comprised of 50 of the very best boys/young men within a Bann). The period source states that members of the Einsatzgefolgschaft could be recognised by "an armband with the printed inscription HJ-Einsatzgefolgschaft". As I mentioned here period evidence existed already for HJ-Einsatzgefolgschaft cufftitles but this is the first time I've seen armbands mentioned. Now, the order doesn't say whether these are modified HJ armbands like the one shown by Mike in post #1 or a non-HJ armband with just "HJ-Einsatzgefolgschaft" printed onto it. Not much help I know but at least we have some proof for the existence of armbands with this unit type printed onto them.

Back