First HJ Knife M7/73

Thanks Received
Greetings: This is my first post as I just came across this site as I was researching for information on the HJ knife I recently purchased. I am attaching photos for your review. I welcome any comments, questions or information about this knife. From what I’ve read, this knife was made on or after 1938. Any assistance in this regard would be greatly appreciated. I’m trying to decide whether to try and clean up the blade, but my best judgment tells me to leave it alone. Best, Dan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello and welcome to the forum! It looks like you won't get an answer to your question. So here goes. But I am not an expert or collector of knives. From the pictures I think it's original and because of the missing motto I think it's 38 or later, as you said. The maker of M7/73 is F. u. A. Helbig (not Helbing, as is often incorrectly read) from Steinbach (Kr. Meiningen, Thuringia), a rather rare one.
I am not sure if the scabbard on the back has been repainted or if it is just a light reflection from the photo.
I would leave the blade as it is.

Hopefully you'll get some more expert answers, but I didn't want to leave your question completely unanswered.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Looks to be an honest knife from a not often encountered maker

Back