FOTO OF HITLER JUGEND WITH AWARDS

Thanks Received
Hi Fellow Collectors I thought I’d display this foto recently purchased I think on the reverse of the foto it says Han’s Georg Hofmann to remember your class mates? Now is this correct??? Collectors if someone on here can translate? I’ve attached the fotos. Much appreciated regards Stevo

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Stevo,

You're right. It says: Zum Andenken an Deinen Klassenkameraden Hans Georg Hofmann. So it's a gift to a classmate to remember him, exactly.

The photographer is from Simmern/Hunsrück.
He is obviously a Jungvolk leader, as he is wearing the DJ single strap. And he held the position of a Fähnleinführer, according to his lanyard.

Last edited:
Hi Stevo,

as almost always, there are regional references to your photo:

Google Search for "hitlerjugend simmern": simmern hitlerjugend - Google Suche

See for example:

Anno 1925 - 1950 Anno 1925 - 1950 - Gemeinde Bell-Hunsrück
Fritz Theilen Verfolgung von Jugendlichen im NS - Fritz Theilen

There is so much more, but it is your choice, to find it all... ;)

Micha

P.S. The Hunsrück region was an impoverished region even before the First World War.
There is a wonderful film series about this German region, the title is "Heimat". The German filmmaker and director Herr Edgar Reitz is responsible for this masterpiece.

Link: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimat_–_Eine_deutsche_Chronik
(Sorry, no english translation...)

Last edited:
Addendum,

The Hunsrück was and is one of the many Germany's "heart regions".
The German soul longs for this "slowness" there, the simple village life, the peace, the contentment.

It's a term that's difficult to describe, I would describe it as German sentimentality, an actually very own feeling...

Just writing about it makes me tormented...

Back