Gebietsdreieck "Böhmen und Mähren

Thanks Received
The Gebietsdreieck "Böhmen und Mähren belongs to the very scarce sleeve triangles. People say this triangle was the last to be produced officially by the RZM. Anyway Böhmen and Mähren for nearly thousand years had a mixed population of Germans , Czechs and Slovaks and Prag became the location of the "First German University". Kaiser Karl IV. in 1348 founded the Karlsuniversity in Prague that bears his name to that day . In 1386 followed the Heidelberg university. In 1348 Kaiser Karl IV. was "German Kaiser" and "Bohemian King".

I was lucky to get this interesting and rare triangle for my collection - of course a true piece of history.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi, great triangle and good history introduction to the area. Congratulations on that

Thanks to your support , Steve. Without you this little introduction wouldn´ t have been possible.

I´d like to add here a little map showing the territorial boundaries of Bohemia and Moravia. The German empire always perceived the state border of the Czech Republic as an arrow pointing directly at the empire. Bohemia and Moravia for centuries were influenced by Austria that explains why these countries until today have a significant and fine relation to Austria in termes of culture and economy. Viewed from the perspective of the Hitleryouth, the area Böhmen und Mähren existed only 2,200 days but it has to be said that the area until 1945 had 30-40% German inhabitants - after 1945, all German residents were expelled with unprecidented violence , a total of 2.9 million people or a third of the total population of the Czech Republic (cf. Ukraine, Luhansk, Donbas region today ).

Attachments

Back