Gefolgschaft bann 132 flag

Thanks Received
Hello
I am new to the forum.
I was wondering please if someone could give an opinion on this flag...it has pre 1935 bann132 corner patch and post bann numbers which i believe is correct. there are no mounting rings however and i believe there should be seven.Any comments would be great. Thank you very much. I have found on the internet another very similar flag still with its rings the same bann132 but different unit number.
I am unable to upload any photos but you can see it for sale at hjmilitaria.com...the dealer does not guarantee authenticity and will not refund if not satisfied. Thanks for your help.

I tried to upload pictures of the flag for sale at hjmilitaria.com but the system tells me upload error...sorry

Hello,

Is it your Flag ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

If it is the case, the price is outrageous for its quality and all the RZM rings are missing, I think this flag is original.

Attachments

Yes that is the flag i am thinking about buying ...thank you very much for your reply..the dealer does not guarantee his items so i wanted an expert opinion...thanks again!,,

Interesting. I have never heard of using a new patch when the Bannlocation or number changed.
Can't remember ever having seen this mentioned in the regulations, as normally a new flag was authorized.

132 is Soest-Lippstadt and in October 1941 Lippstadt got a new number as 837. when Lippstadt was unlinked
from Soest.

I have some new information about this flag...apparently it never had the 7 rzm rings but was hung from the corners only...the remains of the two hangers are still there but the toggles are now missing...

Apparently it was part of the Peter Baker collection...a huge number of HJ items were sold and this flag was one of them....Anyone know about the Baker collection?

Apparently it was part of the Peter Baker collection...a huge number of HJ items were sold and this flag was one of them....Anyone know about the Baker collection?

yes of course, He is Phillip Baker and not Peter, a renowned writer, specialized in militaria and a great collector.

For your information, The "Gefolgschaftsfahne" was hung on a pole and a "Fahnenspitze" and certainly not hung on the four corners as Wim said.

Attachments

Do you think this is a fake flag because it does not ever appear to have had the 7 rings fitted? And was hung only from 2 corners?Thanks for your help...its a lot of money and i dont want to get burned...thanks

Please take the time to properly read what we write. I added some additional information with my penultimate message....

Sorry....I think i understand now... the flag is from a great well respected HJ collector but the flag is incorrect because it should be capable of being mounted on a pole and not just from two corners...thank you very much for your time...i am new to collecting and i am sorry if i annoyed anyone with my questions ...i just wanted to know the truth...thanks

I'm not sure whether you are being sarcastic or not but the guys are right.The standard Gefolgschaft flag had seven rings. Why this one has two clips instead of those rings I do not know. The female pennants used that method of attachment to the carrying pole but for male flags only some of the early (pre-1935 standardisation) items had clips. The second unit patch makes the flag more interesting although as Wim says, it shouldn't really be there. I found a photograph of a BDM pennant from Bann 837 where the unit number was also stitched locally: Late BdM pennantwith non-standard stitching - BdM-Mädelgruppe 2/837 Lippstadt

It's possible that this Gefolgschaft flag was for temporary use until the new flag arrived.

I just think the rings were torn off and the flag was then repaired so that the tabs of the rings can no longer be seen.

Back