General question about shirt buttons HJ shirt

Thanks Received
Hi,
I got a question. It is about the tuck in shirt buttons. I have seen on those shirts , buttons with the hj/dj logo ( both kinds for sewn in and the ones with the ring) and the regular round brown buttons. And some shirts have the latches for the shoulder boards and some dont.
Well, the question is, are there certain time frames when which was used or is it just the maker of the shirt? Thanks for any hint.
Thanks Dirk

A good question Dirk. I've been asking myself this question for a while and I'm curious about some of the answers. But I can imagine that it was period and manufacturer dependent.

Hi guys,

The early buttons were made of brown leather and are described in an order dated Sept 1933 (see pic). I can't find an order that would date the introduction of the later "HJ DJ" buttons but certainly by 1936 the "Steinnußknopf" had become the standard shirt and cuff closure button.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

As for the strap loops I'll have a look through my stuff again but I'm guessing that such a shirt will have them in order to accommodate the later shoulder straps with fastening flap. The standard HJ/DJ brown shirt didn't have these loops according to the instructions but shoulder straps were offered for sale with or without the fastening flap with the latter being meant for the Winterbluse. I suppose it's possible that some added the loops to their shirts so that they could use this type of strap on the shirt too. If I find anything more I'll post it.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Back