Help! BDM silver achievement badge

Thanks Received
Hello dear members!

There is currently a BDM silver achievement badge for sale at the nest auction with Ratisbon militaria. I know they are rare and debated so I would appreciate your thoughts on this one. The description says - RZM "M1/15" maker marked and "3034" numbered.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always wary of higher numbers on these badges but although the badge is in a bit of a ropey condition it doesn't seem to be a reworked bronze-level badge. I don't like the look of it and wouldn't pay much for it.

Thank you for your opinions. I forgot to mention the description - RZM M1/15 and numbered 3034.

in the past, a very big collector on this forum, has managed to demonstrate that RZM tags and attribution numbers are not proof of authenticity.
Be careful !

I don't hate the badge in post #1. 3034 would have been awarded in mid to late 1944.

I have yet to see either an original physical BDM silver (or award documents) that has an award serial number with more than four digits. Badge number 3849 was awarded (at least on paper) in Oct 1944 so it is safe to assume that no original BDM silver will have a number much higher than this - assuming of course that physical badges were even being handed out this late in the war.

Anything advertised as a silver BDM achievement badge which has an award serial number with high four digit or five digit+ numbers is either an outright fake or it is bronze badge that has been "silvered".

Here's shot of an original that I used to own. Close-up they usually look a little ropey:

The pic of the reverse is crap but you get the idea:

Attachments

Last edited:
Back