Help identifying, what knife do I have?

Thanks Received
Found this knife in a drawer...
Blade Is marked: RICH.ABR.HERDER SOLINGEN on left side, and MAYOR GENEVE on the right.
It appears to have stag horn grips. Scabbard has no lip and two runners, and has the leather bit removed/ cut off.
Any ideas on Age/history/value Is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Good evening,

Not being an expert on HJ knifes, I would guess this may have been a early HJ knife as it has no ricasso and it has had the checkered grip handle plates and HJ diamond removed post war and replaced with the stag horn grips or it was made as it is ? the scabbard is of course missing all of its leather fittings. I have not looked up the makers name but you can using the forum. As to its value ? at a guess maybe 10 -15 euro ? as it can still be used as a knife.

Best regards...Ewan

It Is entirely possibile that the grips were replaced, as the rivets are larger on One side than the other... I have seen pictures of other hj style knives with same/similar stag grips... This knife Is in Italy, therefore not improbabile a denazification...?

I have a slightly different opinion here: a commission from a Solingen knife maker for a well-known Swiss hunting outfitter from Geneva: Ernest Mayor, Genève. If you look at their site, a hunting knife would fit perfectly into their portfolio.

Back