Help with Deutsches Jungvolk fanfare banner

Thanks Received
This is my first post...

I purchased a trumpet (see pics) with a HJ & DJ symbol. The item defiantly looks real the feel of the material and the trumpet matches others I have in my collection.

Just unsure about the flag, don’t think is was ever used - over to you guys.... I'm still learning.

This is my view:- Period 1933/34 before HJ was reorganised and the DJ went to the black background for flags. I can’t imagine the flag would have been used. If it's real, if you can share any pics that would be amazing.

Look forward to your feedback good or bad.

Regards

Pete

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Attachments

Hello Pete,

welcome to the HJ Forum.
It is very difficult to give an opinion with your pics because they are not sharp enough.
Here are some postcards from my collection to compare.
They show the " Deutsches Jungvolk " marching band during the early period.
I hope I have helped you and I am sorry that I cannot do more.

Best Regards
Eric

Attachments

Thank you, so much. Will try again and upload better images. I'm buzzing I do think the item is 100% real just feeling the fabric and the metal fringe.

Have a good day.

Metal fringe is a good sign.
The first impression seen good, but share photos of the cloth fabrik can help!

You dont have any other pics of the DJ symbol being bolder? These postcards are very early.

Do you know what this divsion was called? Might be some pics online? Cannot find any at the moment.

It's two sided.

I apologize (I am not getting old I am old) I had yours mixed up with one I came across about the same time & replied to your post from my phone my memory is not as good as it once was...here are photos of the one that I had mixed up with yours. And again I do apologize.
Mike

Attachments

This is my first post...

I purchased a trumpet (see pics) with a HJ & DJ symbol. The item defiantly looks real the feel of the material and the trumpet matches others I have in my collection.

Just unsure about the flag, don’t think is was ever used - over to you guys.... I'm still learning.

This is my view:- Period 1933/34 before HJ was reorganised and the DJ went to the black background for flags. I can’t imagine the flag would have been used. If it's real, if you can share any pics that would be amazing.

Look forward to your feedback good or bad.

Regards

Pete

This (thanks Eric) and any other very early (pre-standardisation) photos of items similar to the one you bought are all anyone often has and you can consider yourself lucky that you found a forum where you saw Eric's pictures because the web is full of shyster sellers and dealer-infested forums. If your banner is to be authentic you must ask yourself this: could such a very early item have survived the TR, post-war period and 2020 only to have come into your hands through a web seller? Theoretically possible but items like this must always be viewed with huge scepticism especially in this case because when the DJ was incorporated into the Hitler Youth in 1931 it already had black/silver (later black/white) flags.

Thnk you for the feedback. Totally agree, I trust the guy I purchased this from, it was in his private collection he just needed money. He said he will take it back anytime. It's so hard, I was stuggling with the red/white and the blakc sign. Then seeing the postcode gave me hope this did exsit. This is part of the fun of the hobby when holding this the material is very heavy like all my other items the weight and colour match my HJ trumpet.

I'm hoping to locate another pic with the thicker DJ sign - then I will be mega happy.

Hello Pete,

I think that Crack answered you correctly and asked the right questions.
These early DJ trumpet banners are of great rarity as they only existed from 1931 to 1933.
Then the DJ banners were necessarily black and white for the current and regulatory pattern.

However, I have things from the same period in my collection.
I never showed them for personal reasons.

I really like the design of your item and also think that the metallic fringe is authentic.
As I told you the day before yesterday, as long as I do not see new pics with mostly enlargements, it is impossible to give my final opinion.

The aspect of the stitchings (seam) is decisive.

Best Regards
Eric

Hello,

Hope these help. Stay safe everybody.

Regards

Pete

Attachments

Hello Pete,

Sorry but I think your banner was made with period elements like the fringe and cloth.
I have serious doubts when I see the seams that seem to me post-war.
I could be wrong of course but the " Sigrune " does not match to the early period 1931-1933. Just my point of view without calculation.
If your heart tells you to keep your banner, then do it.
There is no expert in the world who can demonstrate whether it is OK or not.
You are the only one to have the answer, it is very difficult to know with the early items.

Best Regards
Eric

Hello Pete,

I agree with Widukind that the pictures cannot be used to determine whether it is good or bad.
It is always best to have it in hand and to form your own opinion.
But couldn't it also be Flemish Youth?

Best regards

Steve

I suspect that Pete didn't like the answers that he got but these "is it early DJ?, could it be flemish?" things will always be an extremely hard sell to real collectors. The truth is that the DJ was incorporated into the Hitler Youth in 1931. It brought with it the silver sigrune on black as a flag. Any red/white banner with the single sigrune must be instantly questioned and the seller/antagonist must provide proof.

I suspect that Pete didn't like the answers that he got but these "is it early DJ?, could it be flemish?" things will always be an extremely hard sell to real collectors. The truth is that the DJ was incorporated into the Hitler Youth in 1931. It brought with it the silver sigrune on black as a flag. Any red/white banner with the single sigrune must be instantly questioned and the seller/antagonist must provide proof.
Hello Crack,

I fully understand Pete's doubts and questions.
When you buy an item, your heart beats a lot.
Collecting is a lottery which can be cruel at times.
I only hope that his investment was not large and that his disappointment will be forgotten.

Best Regards
Eric

Back