HJ. 1938 National Trade Competition (Reichsberufswettkampf) Table Medal, with Case

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I saw this badge and am unsure of it being original as I have not seen another .

Reichsberufswettkampf Sieger Medaille mit Etui). Constructed of silvered bronze with multi-coloured enamels, the obverse with a central HJ insignia consisting of a red and white enameled diamond overlaid by a mobile swastika, on top of a mobile swastika and within a cog wheel, circumscribed by an inscription of “DEM SIEGER DES R.B.W.K. 1938” (“THE VICTOR OF THE R.B.W.K. 1938”), the reverse with an inscription of “DIE KREIS WALTUNG DER DAF. WAIBLINGEN” (“THE DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION OF THE DAF WAIBLINGEN”), unmarked, measuring 47 mm in diameter, accompanied by its period original presentation case, constructed of a wood frame with a faux brown leather exterior, the interior with a padded white satin lid liner and intact hinge cover, with a depressed blue velvet medal bed, opening with a functional metal spring catch with exterior stud release and a functional magnetic metal hinge, unmarked, measuring 74 mm (w) x 74 mm (l) x 22 mm (h), in extremely fine condition.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Joe,

I saw one other example on an auction site a while back but it had a different case, also the HJ Diamond looks kinda odd. Let us know if you find any more info.

Regards Cas

It could be, because it is private, so not awarded by anyone that had anything to do with the actual event, or even at the event, but possibly after by the DAF, maybe presented to the guy who won by the boss of the place he worked at... maybe meant to just honor him at his place of work? Proud that a worker of theirs got first place? I can`t see anything wrong with it... but you never know.
And as far as the reason you give, well, that`s not a reason at all, I can show you a few badges I have had that nobody has ever seen before, and are not documented. Nothing is known about them at all, but still genuine.

It looks exotic but that means nothing at all. Possible a one-of-a kind thing like Jo suggested. I like the quality both from the case and the award.

Regards, Wim

It could be, because it is private, so not awarded by anyone that had anything to do with the actual event, or even at the event, but possibly after by the DAF, maybe presented to the guy who won by the boss of the place he worked at... maybe meant to just honour him at his place of work? Proud that a worker of theirs got first place? I can`t see anything wrong with it... but you never know.
And as far as the reason you give, well, that`s not a reason at all, I can show you a few badges I have had that nobody has ever seen before, and are not documented. Nothing is known about them at all, but still genuine.

Yes that is correct :thumb: the Kreissieger, Gausieger and the Reichssieger were often given prizes from the firm, and or the Kreis/Gau. Great prestige back then to have produced a worker that won in the RBWK.

Back