HJ Achivement in Bronze

Thanks Received
Hj Achivement in Bronze. Very odd catch. Is it a repair or original.looks to be very old and not recent.Opinions ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It seem to be some kind of safety pin. But it is very old looking for sure.

If I read this well it is a five-digit number - 48,7X4? The badge itself looks okay IMO but better pics would be helpful indeed.
I have a bronze badge coming from the same maker, Gustav Brehmer, Markneukirchen, but with the standard pin sytem and a lower number. So I assume the original pin of your badge got lost (thast small round plate in the centre to connect badge and pin is missing) and was replaced.

Attachments

Yes it does not have the disc that you refer.It looks to have been repaired a long long time ago. The badge itself is quite nice tho.

Hi Jack - Now I can see that it is a 5 digit number - I had seen it as a 4 digit :frusty:

duke54na - have you tried to compare the lock with the ones that are on the hollow early versions? (link in post 2) ???

Michael :denmark

Hej Michael - No matter, it's really difficult to see in the picture. The hollow ones have a special pin (looks like a safety-pin) but the fixture to the badge is the common style (that small round plate), right?
So that's why I think that Duke's badge had been fixed.

Mange hilsner
Jack

Hi Jack

You are absolutely right about the round plate, I just took a picture of my black hollow badge - and there you see it clearly.

I also took a close-up of the catch. And on closer inspection, doesn't think that that on the badge in post 1 looks 100% like mine.

The needle on the badge in post 1 is then perhaps of a slightly different type, BUT it would be nice with a real close up of the needle and catch on the badge in post 1

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Thanks Michael, that's the kind of pictures someone can work with :good:. I also think that there's a difference between the pin of your badge and Duke's. Perhaps we'll see some more photos ...

Back