Hj arm band

Thanks Received
Hi to everyone. I'm a newbie to the group and also collecting. I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is a genuine armband. It's just that I can't locate the rzm tag any where on the Internet. Thanks in advance.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi there,

Welcome to the HJ-Research forum. Your HJ armband looks good, like the standard multi construction Bevo pattern type. Look under the heading Cloth Insignia then Armbands for a lot more information on HJ armbands.

Best regards......Ewan

Hi,

standard armband and very common during the war, I don't see anything abnormal in your pics. Welcome to the HJ Forum.

Best Regards
Eric

Because you asked about the RZM label:
The capital B is the code for the fee that the manufacturer had to pay to the RZM. It stands for 1 Pfennig, and that fits exactly with the regulation for armbands. Therefore, everything is in order in this respect as well.

Unfortunately, the stamp is very blurred, otherwise you could have identified the maker with the help of Wim Saris' book.

I'm a brand new member myself so learning as I go but the construction, stitching, etc. matches my own example (although yours is in much better condition)! I purchased mine from a trusted dealer so I believe it's legitimate as well, thank you for sharing.

There are "good" dealers and "bad" ones - but nobody knows everything, so in my opinion you have to decide for yourself if you want to buy a certain thing for your collection.

However, there is really good help to be found on this Forum :first:

Michael :denmark

Yes, looks like a standard BEVO from the pics. The RZM label is a secondary consideration because originals still exist and can be stuck onto anything by enterprising sellers.

Back