HJ Bann 119 Gefolgschaft Flag ??

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good afternoon all,

I am working on a project about HJ/DJ Bann 119 Stuttgart. I found a old thread on Military Fundforum dated 2017 showing photos of what the guy who owns the flag says is a HJ Gefolgshaft for Bann 119 based in Stuttgart. I have posted photos of this flag below. I have read up on HJ Gefolgschaft's, but I am no expert. So I am hoping someone with a good knowledge on HJ flags can comment if the flag is an original period item ? or not.

There is little detail mentioned on the thread, other than it is 95 x 155cm in size, and it was gifted to the owner from a family member living in Germany.

Things I noted :

1. Sizes of HJ Gefolgshaft are 120 x 180 and flag in photo is 95 x 155cm ?
2. The Bann patch is black with Red stitching on a black patch, with three rows of numbers ? rather than a white patch with black numbers with ie 1 / 119.
3. The rings securing the flag should be RZM marked. The rings on this flag do not look original ?
4. The stitching does not look straight ? as per originals.

Have a look and please comment on what you think ?

Garry, as I have an Apple Macpro laptop it will only let me compress the photos in Zip format, can you please format the photos so the guys can see them. Thank you.

Best regards .......Ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Pre-1935 flags did differ in design, size etc but the numbering convention is wrong here even for them.

It isn't a Gefolgschaft flag because the corner panel would show the following numbering convention:

Gefolgschaft number / Unterbann number (I, II, II etc) / Bann number

The flag isn't for a HJ Schar either because that too would have an Unterbann number.

Schar / Gefolgschaft / Unterbann number (I, II, II etc) / Bann number.

And when we consider even earlier flags the Gefolgschaft number was a roman numeral so, not looking good for this one..

PS a couple of the zips were corrupted so I couldn't extract the attachments.

Hi Garry,

Thank you for you fast reply. I was hoping it was a lost Bann 119 flag, or maybe a local made Pre 1933 flag. However the more i looked at HJ Gefolgschaft flags on the forum the more I thought it was not a good one.
There is, as you say too many things wrong with this flag.

Oh well, the hunt for HJ/DJ Bann 119 items/photos continue. If any forum members have any Bann 119 items they would like to share on the forum or PM me, all would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards....Ewan

Back