HJ Buckle M4/23 - Dr. Franke

Thanks Received
Hello Members,
what think you about this HJ Alu Buckle from Dr. Franke - M4/23. Is it original or known copy?
Thanks for Answer.
Greatings
HJ-Researcher
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

99 Viewer
No Answer?
Where are the Buggles Experts?

I want to buy this buckle and need your expert opinion.

Well, it looks fine to me. This maker had a number of different MMs. If you search the forum there is a handful of threads showing them

Hello Clark, the body is only exactly 1,0 mm thick, other Aluminum Buckles from Organizations have more, even my SA Buckle (not military) is 1.2 mm thick, my Police Buckle is 1,6 mm. It seems too thin to me. Are there any comparisons to the strength of this M4 / 23. The head of the rolling pin is also very flat. A dealer in England offered this M4 / 23 as a copy, it has the same features.
I also notice that the left side of the outer edge of the Medailion has no knurling as it does on the right.

No need to worry too much about this one, -- The tell tale wear marks to the rear, especially what appears to be the sharpened front edge ( right side) where the catch has rubbed and the apparent polishing action of the belt below the prongs, point to significant wear. By whom, of course and when, we don't know but
the significant detail is, however, the hole in the beak -- a sure sign of Dr Franke's hand.
Good looking buckle - thanks for showing.
Philjw

Back