HJ cap Original or Fake?

Thanks Received
Hello all!

I bought this HJ cap in an antique store in Ukraine. The seller said that this cap is original. I am a novice when it comes to HJ caps.
What do you think about this cap? Original or fake? Thank you!

Roman Ivanenko

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Roman,

I'm sorry, but I have some bad news. It's not HJ, and it's not even contemporary. The inscription gives that away. The 8 München 15 reveals via the postcode that the cap must have been made between 1962 and 1974. Hopefully you didn't pay too much or can cancel the purchase.

Hi Roman,

I'm sorry, but I have some bad news. It's not HJ, and it's not even contemporary. The inscription gives that away. The 8 München 15 reveals via the postcode that the cap must have been made between 1962 and 1974. Hopefully you didn't pay too much or can cancel the purchase.
Thank you Jack! I had my suspicions. My mistake. Besides, I didn't find "Mozartplatz" on Munich map 1936 ("Strassen atlas von Deutschland"), there is only Mozartstrase!:oops:

I can't explain that either. The chronicle of Munich street names says that there is no Mozartplatz today, nor that it ever existed under this name.
However, the inscription in the cap looks authentic to me (post-war, of course).
By the way, the Third Reich München postcode was 13b.

Back