HJ Flag Bearer Fake - Veterans Foot Locker

Thanks Received
Same old flag bearer fake doing the rounds, touted by this dealer as:
This BeVo made patch is one of the most rare of Hitler Youth insignia

Also a quick heads up about this dealer, I`ve read on another forum that he is taking money, not replying to mails and then relisting the items at a higher price!

$175.- for "the most rare HJ insignia" :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Original complaint, will update this thread with the outcome-if there is one.

Link to the fake Flag Bearer`s patch on Athlete`s Foot Locker
VeteransFootlocker.com Catalog

Attachments

I see this style offered on several websites and would have been burned if not for this forum!
That said, Jon at Veterans Foot Locker is a stand up guy. Did you share with him that his insignia is bad, and info on a good one?

I see this style offered on several websites and would have been burned if not for this forum!
That said, Jon at Veterans Foot Locker is a stand up guy. Did you share with him that his insignia is bad, and info on a good one?
I "shared with him" a few months ago a few badges he listed that were fake. Some were taken down, one was moved to another section and sold as genuine, and some are still up for sale, as genuine, so no, I did not, and have no intention of either. I give everyone the benifit of the doubt, but there comes a point where you just can`t keep on "giving".

Glad you tried the one time. I am in full agreement that dealers need to be held to a high standard regards originality and integrity. I emailed him a link to this thread.
I received a polite thank you and I don't see it listed anymore.

Glad you tried the one time.....
Used to try more than that, but have given up. Just this dealer-for example, states on his site that he does nearly 50 shows a year!!!So what are they learning at these 50 shows a year? What info are they trading, how are they impüroving their knowledge base to help themselves and their customers over the years?
ZERO, none of them get better, and in my opinion most have no intentions of either. They are just in the hobby to follow each other as sheep, try and pick up bargains, copy and paste whatever they find on the net that fits their idea of a good and quick sale, and basta!

I'm sorry to hear that you have such a poor opinion of me and others like me that have chosen to make a living with collectibles.
I can only speak for myself; I try and learn more every day and that is why I joined this forum. But I can warn you in advance I'm gonna
screw up somewhere along the line. And I can only hope that perhaps if I do and you spot it, even though you think it's my intention to
steal from someone, you will point out my mistake AND share what you know not just critique, so I can learn and correct. I know that asking
questions of moderators isn't popular, that got me thrown off the WAF forum, but I recognize that I can't know it all and am doing the best I can.
Gotta run, time to sharpen my pitchfork and polish my horns!

Well obviously, not all, but most.
I would like to add that some do actually learn and advance their knowledge and even go on to write books, but, and unfortunately there are no exceptions here, none of the books that I know of written by dealers, are of much use, and portray anything but an advancement of knowledge. In many cases it`s the exact opposite.

"My opinion" is that for the vast majority of dealers, the real historical interest is superficial. It is more about getting together with the "click" a few times a year, comparing coffers of tid bits acquired for 3 cents on the dollar, and chortling about the massive profits that will ensue. Documented historical fact has no place at their table.

And I can`t take your above post seriously either, simply because I`ve seen it too many times. Dealers laying down the wounded dog card, turning the tables to garnish a bit of sympathy and make it look like the poster has in some way personally attacked them. Not that you did, and not that I perceived it that way at all, it`s just that I`ve seen it too many times before. "Nobody`s perfect" "I always do the right thing" "We are all here to learn" until next month, when the same fakes show up on the same site, or the same BS is used by the same squad to automatically authenticate the same "mist".

And you`ll know as well as I, that when an item gets taken down from some dealer`s site because it was outed as a fake, it gets shifted at the next show or passed to someone else - as genuine. Seen it and documented it many times, so even when something gets removed from a site, well for me at least, that doesn`t automatically mean that the right thing was done.
You said it yourself, it is your "job" and so it is for many others. So, it stands to reason that dealers who are counting on sales to butter their biscuits cannot afford to simply write off 500 here, 1000 there - every month. It would be an illusion to think otherwise. Up until very recently I was buying and selling Militaria for over 20 years myself, and know the majority of the ass-puppets that infect the hobby, and their mentality, tricks and blah-blah.
Of course, there are going to be exceptions, and if you are one of those exceptions, then jolly good beans indeed
:yo:

If I screw up enough that I have to lose $1,000's every year, I'm in the wrong business. But if I list something bogus, please let me know. And I'll be
happy to show that item in it's no longer sellable state!
All I ask, is the same thing that got me kicked off of WAF, don't just say "Its crap", and then not tell me why it's crap. I will give kudo's to this forum
that is is the only one I know that consistently backs up what it says.
I'm done and in the words of the WAF Mod that axed me I'm "just wasting every ones time."
PEACE!

The patch in question has several "tells" of the fake version. The most glaring is the pointed diamond, and the overall elongated shape of the patch. Though not a end all be all, I bet it glows like a disco under black light and melts like plastic when burned.

LOL, why did the Soy-Boy-Concentration-Camp-Oven-Glove-Forum boot you?

Disrespecting a Moderator.
I posted an M36 German enlisted tunic obtained from Virtual Grenadier that has several award loops. A lot of bling for an enlisted man. the mod and two of his chums were rather expressive of there opinions that this could not be and ended with "Your wasting our time."
I unfortunately I replied that he wasted mine. BANNED.
Interestingly he then "Closed" the thread but somehow his buddies are still able to post there comments about how I added the loops.

Disrespecting a Moderator.
I posted an M36 German enlisted tunic obtained from Virtual Grenadier that has several award loops. A lot of bling for an enlisted man. the mod and two of his chums were rather expressive of there opinions that this could not be and ended with "Your wasting our time."
I unfortunately I replied that he wasted mine. BANNED.
Interestingly he then "Closed" the thread but somehow his buddies are still able to post there comments about how I added the loops.

Haha ! The Tooth Willi strikes again .. !
Yeah , AHL is just suspended which means they just want to snap your leash .. show you who is the boss .
Panzer NCO: what awards? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Got a PM from Willi (The Tooth?) saying I was banned for disrespectful behavior towards a mod. But could only read my email version and assumed it was for good. So you think I shouldn't change my avatar if they let me back?

Attachments

Back