HJ Flak helpers helmet ??

Thanks Received
Hi forum i need some help in my quest for information on a helmet i purchased from Germany, i was told it was a HJ flak helm , but i am unsure as all the flak helms i have seen are of the stahlhelm type , this looks more like the Luftwaffe fliegerhelm worn by air crews over there leather helmets.The thing ime not sure about is the retaining strap sites have double brass studs to hold the leather strap in place (long gone ). I am wondering if i have a prototype helmet , it certainly looks and feels original and has traces of paints to outer, and red to inner, looks like faint 06 inside too , pics attached , any help appreciated , thanks

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Odd looking helmet. H.J. Flakhelfers wore the Luftschutze helmets and the standard stalhelm in most cases. I've seen photos of the French style helmet being worn as well. I don't believe there was a specific regulation helmet for Flakhelfers. This one is very odd. You might get a solid answer if you ask on the German Helmet Valhalla forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i never said it was a special flakhelfer helmet , i was told flak crews wore them but i think it is luftwaffe late war helmet for wear over the leather flying helmet

I have seen this type of helmet before, it was used as a flak helmet inside aircraft, the two gaps at the side suited going over the top of the flying leather/cotton helmet.
A very rare helmet indeed even in this condition. Well done.

Back