HJ Gebietsstreife armband

Pimpf359

Thanks Received
A dealer has sold this armband and I have never seen it before. Does anyone have an idea at which events it was worn? Similar to the HJ Lagerpolizei Armband. Maybe the predecessor of the HJ Lagerpolizei Armband? It is just a thought.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It looks to be early pre 1936 , and non standard manfactured for Gebiet level HJ patrol service .

Thank you for your opinion and I also believe that it is an early Armband.

I got this armband and the price was not cheap (350, - €), but I think it is definitely good. I put the Streifendienst tape here for comparison.
Too bad there are no photos where such a bandage is worn. Maybe one day you can see a picture.

Attachments

That's a nice-looking item. I'll have a look through my stuff for info on a Gebietsstreife armband. I would think that it was worn in the same way as the predecessor to the SRD CT. i.e. lower left arm.

Just looking through early HJ orders regarding the SRD and in one dated 11.4.1935 there is a specific mention of Gebietsstreifendienste: "Die Organisation der bereits vorhandenen Gebietsstreifendienste wird baldigst nach diesen Anordnungen ausgerichtet". I'll keep looking :thumb:

So, in October 1935 Gebiet Thüringen published its new Streifendienst command structure (below) and it's clear that there was no longer a Gebietsstreife at this point. I don't see any mentions of it anywhere at this time so I think we can tentatively assume that a Gebietsstreife armband would only have been in use for a short period in 1934/5.

Attachments

Back