HJ Honour badge M1/120 for 1500 Euros?

crack

Thanks Received
Saw this just now on a dealer page. Looks to be a standard Deumer B replacement with safety catch as per the 31.12.1939 order. The presence of B and serial number show that the badge is in a pre-April 1940 configuration so badge processed within a four month window approximately. Dealer says on his site:

MD Militaria said:
Extremely rare B -Type Hitler Youth honour Pin with serial number and B designation. Only two other recorded numbered B types out there. I would rather discuss price in private due to it being an item that is difficult to price and one of the few items I would not mind keeping in my personal collection.

He's wrong about his claim of there being only two other B badges with serial number of course but possibly he means Deumers only. But even if that were true, 1500 Euros for a HJ honour badge is ridiculous. I mean, so what if there are only three Deumers known with B and the wearer's serial number? The badge is still ordinary. Or am I not seeing something here?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Crack, I have seen $50.00 tinnies go for $400.00 & $300.00 badges go for $1200.00 & $400.00 table medals go for $2000.00 ....items will go for what ever the traffic will bear. There is what should be a IMHO $350.00 enamel badge right now on a dealer site priced at $900.00 + / - a few $. What ever the traffic will bear or how ever high an individual will bid & some fools & their money (of which I have been once or twice= auction fever) as you kinda said sometimes it don't make no good sense.
Mike

Yes that's a fair point Mike :biggrin1: What annoys me is the way they turn a half-fact that they didn't even work out themselves into an explosion of customer desirability. Then we have certain dealers who see their opinions as facts. They are the worst by far but never seem to be short on friends to support them when their s##t gets called out...

Back