HJ knife by E. Lüttges & Co.

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Hello everyone,
I am new to this hobby, and I have the opportunity to buy this HJ knife by E. Lüttges & Co. Any opinion is welcome regarding the authenticity of this knife.
Thanks

Attachments

In my opinion a nice very early model - no ricasso and brown carrying strap on the scabbard.

Nice catch (y)

Michael :denmark

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your opinion... Doubts have arisen regarding this HJ knife because some old collectors have said they have not seen HJ knives made by this maker, only SA daggers.

The maker is only found on SA daggers ?????

Just look at these 2 - also early ones - and there are more to find.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hi Wolf,

As Michael says nice knife, luv the maker logo well unusual. Early brown leather as it should be, shame it is missing the holding strap,
Can I ask the cost ?

Best regards...Ewan

Hi Evan,
No strap! The price: $1550. So, the price is high and the fact that certain versed collectors in my area consider that this knife is not original raised doubts about its originality.

Hello again, $1550.00 is crazy crazy money for that knife. You have to look but you will find the same standard as that knife for half that price.

Hi Ewan!... A lot of money indeed and my doubts about its originality were reinforced by the opinions of some American collectors who already knew about this knife before me. The fact that no one rushed to buy this "rarity", it speaks volume.

Back