hj knife female model with diamond in scabbard

Thanks Received
Hello. I joined this group with the express intention of finding out about this knife. i am a long time collector but have steered away from german war period items due to several reasons. however recently i picked up a few hj items from a good friend overseas. so ive decided to start a small hj collection. well i saw a knife recently advertised as a hitler youth female knife, a rare offering it said. It has the swastika diamond in the scabbard. Seller is highly reputable that im aware of but i cannot find any refence to it except on restricted threads to me here. any info would be much appreciated

Hi Wim

To answer your question, se below

You don't have permission to view attachments.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

When you asked your question, I suddenly thought of a picture from Angolia's book "Edged Weaponry of the Thrid Reich" and I would like to share it with everyone on this forum. Women can wear daggers !!

Now more seriously, I have collected for MANY years and have never come across evidence that DJ, JM or BDM had special knives. DJ went with HJ knife and I have never seen pictures of JM or BDM with knife. Personally, I would NEVER buy a knife with designations like DJ, JM or BDM. But that is just m.h.o. - I might be wrong.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Well if it's not legit, then do you think I should call out the dealer and return it? Came with a coa. I guess I'll just go back to collecting dug items like button and badges..this is way above my research abilities

I would recommend upgrading to Gold and then checking out the HJ-Wiki dagger pages on this forum. You'll find lots of very illuminating and extremely useful information about these bogus knives (DJ, BDM etc) there including an analysis of the absolute BS used by dealers when they push them as genuine TR relics.

Well if it's not legit, then do you think I should call out the dealer and return it? Came with a coa. I guess I'll just go back to collecting dug items like button and badges..this is way above my research abilities

Who is the dealer?
Mike

Attachments

The COA is worthless. No such thing as a "BDM" knife but it would be interesting to see what proof the issuer of the COA offers in support of his opinion when you ask him. My guess? He will simply quote post-war collector books - and that is not proof because the books contain none.

Back