HJ knife. Have you heard this before?

Thanks Received
HJ knife. Have you heard this before?
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Many years ago I asked my father about the missing diamond in the handle of the HJ knife. If I recollect correctly he told me he was required to remove it in order to bring it home.
Has anyone heard of this before? Is it possible to get a replacement salvage diamond from another knife?

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
That sounds very odd to me. To get the diamond out you have to remove the plastic grips which means drilling out the rivets and then finding new ones before replacing the grips. Not really worth the trouble if you end up with a knife looking like this. What markings are there on the blade/ricasso?

That sounds very odd to me. To get the diamond out you have to remove the plastic grips which means drilling out the rivets and then finding new ones before replacing the grips. Not really worth the trouble if you end up with a knife looking like this. What markings are there on the blade/ricasso?
I no longer have the knife. I gave it to my son. I’m looking at photos of the blade and all I see is RZM 7/15.

M7/15 is a legit maker. I'm not casting doubt on the originality of the knife, it's more about the denazification really. A correctly fitted knife diamond would be very difficult to "brute-force" out of the recess as they had flat splints that were folded back prior to the grip being fitted. Not saying it can't be done but if you can see any damage around the edges of the diamond recess that might be a clue.

M7/15 is a legit maker. I'm not casting doubt on the originality of the knife, it's more about the denazification really. A correctly fitted knife diamond would be very difficult to "brute-force" out of the recess as they had flat splints that were folded back prior to the grip being fitted. Not saying it can't be done but if you can see any damage around the edges of the diamond recess that might be a clue.
Thank you. I know it is an original but removing the diamond didn’t sound right to me either. I could be mistaken about what he said. I was very young an May have misinterpreted it.

Back