HJ knife M7/66 Eickhorn - Looking for opinions please

Thanks Received
Hello, I just stumbled on this website and I am glad I did so. It is very informative on the subject. As I read through the forums, I got my collection out trying to learn the current research results. I’ve been out of collecting for decades now and I’m sure new information has been discovered on our hobby, which I curious to learn about. Attached are some pictures of a Youth Knife I purchased 40 years ago. Will you please give me your opinion of it? Thank you.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It's a nice transitional Eickhorn. Thanks for posting (y)

Hi Will,

I agree with Crack a very nice Eickhorn, thanks for posting.

Best regards...Ewan

Hi Will,

I agree with Crack a very nice Eickhorn, thanks for posting.

Best regards...Ewan
Thank you Crack and Ewan for your nice responses. Is this a double-proof knife? Having both the Eickhorn and RZM proofs got my attention. Does that assist in its value and/or make it anymore rare or scare. Or, are they quite common? Thanks you.

No, these are not uncommon knives. Always nice to have a decent knife in the collection though.
On a transitional knife it is normal for the maker mark and RZM mark to be present. Other characteristics of transitional knives are:

Small or large diamond
Motto on the blade
Steel or Zinc handles (zinc handles began to appear in 1938)

there is nothing wrong with this knife, everything is OK. A perfect example of a fully regulatory knife. :)

there is nothing wrong with this knife, everything is OK. A perfect example of a fully regulatory knife. :)
Thank you for both your time and valued information. It means a lot to me, as I continue to learn about this craft.

Hello…I was offered $600.00 for this knife. Could you please help and advise if this is too low, to high, or a home run. I can not find any info on this, other than comparing them with other’s for sale on other sites, and I’m unsure if that’s the best way. Thank you.

Hi,

You can always compare prices with merchants and auction houses, we all have the same reflexes.
However, there are no official prices or tariff references, collectors buy on impulse, that's my personal case.
Regarding the proposition, I think $600 is the right price because they have increased enormously in recent years.

Best Regards
Eric

In this forum you will learn a lot about the youth movement and the knife is a great piece, which was certainly not as expensive 40 years ago as it is today.;)

Thank you everyone for your kind replies. And, Pimpf359, you are exactly right regarding the value of these knives today, compared to 40 years ago. They have astronomically increased in value. Back then you could find them everywhere for a very minimal price. I just wish I had bought a dump truck full of them!!😉

Back