HJ knife with engraved pommel

Thanks Received
Hi everyone,

I came across this picture on Facebook. What's the general opinion about these knives. First time I see them in wear.

Regards, Wim

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
We have quite a few threads on these. I've seen that photo before but my gripe with these is the description given to them by the good ol' boy US dealers. They call it a HJ honour (sometimes leader) knife/dagger and let people pay high prices even though these dealers and dealer/authors have no idea whatsoever what these items are. Pushed for some proof (believe me I have tried to push them in the past) they resort to vet pick-up anecdotes and "well Tom has them in his book" etc etc.. All I think can be realistically said is that these knives were a short-lived item from 1932/3 and that no-one today knows what the people who wore them during the period knew them to be.

Last edited:
Hi Wim,

Yes, I seen the photo on FB as well, beautifully taken photograph with so much detail to the proud HJ in his uniform. First time I have seen a HJ knife being worn with engraved pommel to include HJ diamond as well, very nice. Wish I had it in my collection. Thanks for posting photo.

Best regards...Ewan :spain

Many thanks for sharing that Wim :thumb: So, from the mouth of someone who actually wore this type of knife during the TR. Not a "leader dagger" or an "honour knife" - just a fancy version that caught his eye.

Back