HJ Leader Dagger opinions

Thanks Received
This one is being offered to me. One opinion is it has been releathered.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

These are the Gebietsführer+ daggers. So very, very rare and only a small clique seems to "know" which are the real ones. As usual it's all based on "comparison with a known original ("which just so happens to be in my admired collection")" so good luck and I hope that you find some seasoned collector who knows where the fakes were made/which dealer had them made and will steer you towards or away from that particular exanple. As you can tell, I can't help but I've seen enough stories in this hobby to keep Jack occupied for much longer than even he can handle...

Very difficult with these H. J. leaders daggers. Better and close-up pics needed, but it is an item which is very difficult to judge by pics.

The pic of the markers mark is not quite sharp, but I see it as RZM M7/36, which is Hörster. Only Hörster and Eickhorn made these daggers. There are a lot of small differences between them, so you can not compare a Hörster with a Eickhorn. My H. J. leaders dagger is a Eickhorn, so pics of mine would not help you.

Weitze have 3 Hörsters for sale, try to compare with them. It could give you a hint, but it would not be a 100% guarantee.

Sorry not be of more help, but it is one of the items you have to have in your hands to make a judgement.

Good luck

Michael :denmark

Back