HJ leader ID card and DJ and HJ achievement badge grouping

Thanks Received
Fuehrerausweis with matching numbered proficiency badges. Last of my proficiency badges.

Mark

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
There's something odd about the leader ID Mark. In 1937 when this chap was first promoted, Bann 108 was Dresden-Land but the round stamps all say "108 Weißenfels" even though Bann 108 Weißenfels didn't exist until 1941. In May 1939 Bann 100 Dresden-Stadt and Bann 108 Dresden-Land were amalgamated meaning that from then, 108 went out of active use before being assigned to Bann Weißenfels in 1941. Could you possibly show the rest of the ID please? I'm guessing that there might be something there that would explain this conundrum. I'm thinking that that this is a reissue of his original leader ID dating to 1941 when the Bann was raised and which shows all of his previous promotions.

Hi Garry,

I will take additional photos and post them next weekend. I put all my cases away and am headed out of town for work in a few days. Thanks for looking into the specifics of the document. I will also try to photograph my proficiency badge books and post photos. They are separate from the grouping above, but you may have some good insight on those as well.

Hi Garry,

Sorry for the delay. I was able to take some additional photos today. I am really interested in what you can interpret from this document. Thanks.

Mark

Attachments

Here are photos of the matching DJ and HJ proficiency badges.

Attachments

There's something odd about the leader ID Mark. (...) I'm thinking that that this is a reissue of his original leader ID dating to 1941 when the Bann was raised and which shows all of his previous promotions.
You were right, Garry. This is clearly a reissue. All issued with the same typewriter, which means that the photo of the passport was obviously not yet stapled. With the staples, it is no longer possible to pull the document into the typewriter very well.
The picture was possibly already in the old ID and was reused - the edges of the stamp don't quite match.
In addition, the DJ and HJ achievement badges would have been acquired at different times and therefore not entered at the same time. . But here it is typed identically.
The name stamp of the Bannführer is also interesting to me. The last promotion, though, is signed by hand. This probably took place later than the issue.
So everything speaks for a contemporary second issue (Zweitausfertigung).
By the way, I also have a standard ID as a reissue, in which the membership number has been given an additional "a".

It's great to see the ID card data and physical badges gathered like this. Doesn't happen often, congratulations!

Last edited:
Many thanks Mark. Yes, going by the entries this one must have been filled out retrospectively in 1942 and authorised by the Bannführer 108 at that time. This chap's photo shows him wearing a Gefolgschaftsführer/Fähnleinführer lanyard which fits with his appointment as Fähnleinführer on 8.3.1942. His last promotion takes him to Oberjungzugführer. He also held the appointment of Hauptjungzugführer from Oct 1941 to March 1942.

I'm guessing that his original leader ID had been damaged or lost. Nevertheless, nice and interesting ID with the big bonus of matching badges :thumb:

Edit: sorry Jack, I was still creating my post when you posted. Can you read the Bannführer's name?

(Somehow it doesn't make much sense to put the answer in front of the question in an edit. ):biggrin1:

Yes, Garry, the name is Weigerz. The handsigning is a bit more difficult to decipher than the stamp mark. But the stamp clearly says a z at the end, not a t, as one would rather expect.

:) Many thanks Jack. Another gap filled. Apart from Weigerz I don't have any other personnel in 108 between 1940 and 1945.

Thank you collect100 for sharing this nice set and thank you to Garry and Jack for the very interesting and even exciting meticulous investigation!

Back