HJ marine private tailored uniform

Thanks Received
So , I had bill Shea our this aside for me and he said that this came from a very reputable person in Germany who
got it directly from the vet. I asked for provenance and pictures of the soldier wearing it and he would not provide anything. So I never paid for it yet. He wants 1500USD and I’m not forking that kind of money for something that only has the work reputable attached to it. So now that I am a member here I thought I would throw it up and see what you guys think.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Does not match any regulation MHJ uniforms , It actually looks like a civilian ski blouse . Best to only stick with regulation uniforms and insignia for future resell without an explanation .

As Joe said, this is not a regulation MHJ uniform. Looks more like a waiter's getup. My guess is that Bill Shea is guessing and hoping. Get him to show some proof that it is what he says it is. I'm guessing he won't be able to :)

So , I had bill Shea our this aside for me and he said that this came from a very reputable person in Germany who
got it directly from the vet. I asked for provenance and pictures of the soldier wearing it and he would not provide anything. So I never paid for it yet. He wants 1500USD and I'm not forking that kind of money for something that only has the work reputable attached to it. So now that I am a member here I thought I would throw it up and see what you guys think.

Hi there,

Yes, as Crack says it does look a little like some kind of mess dress so I had a look at the Kriegsmarine Messejacke and Shea's item is obviously not that. As far as the MHJ is concerned, no mention is made of a mess dress in the regulations. There was a special uniform called the Gesellschaftsanzug which was worn by higher leaders at functions but the description of it in the regulations makes it clear that it can't, even remotely, be what Shea is selling there but the most important thing marking this out as non-MHJ are the buttons. The MHJ did not use anchor buttons on their uniforms. The only time MHJ members were permitted to wear anchor buttons is when they were employed as Marinehelfer and that's only because HJ kids in this role wore Kriegsmarine kit with added HJ armband and sleeve triangle.

Anyway, Shea's item - not MHJ and he's also got the badges on the wrong pocket :)

The form of the jacket does not appear in naval regulations, and surely not
for wearing within the naval-HJ.
The only thing I can think about is, that it - when it indeed is TR - may have
been worn by members from the one or the other choir! They often did wear
naval-like dresses! Or "fantasy"-forms. A bell-boy maybe?

And as Garry says: Shea has no idea where badges do belong. I would like to
know the name of the reputable person from Germany.

Last edited:
Here is the original posters comment regarding this thing, laughable.

"This is a private purchase, a high quality piece that’s not a every day service tunic that we are all used to seeing that’s what makes this piece so different. It is made of high quality blue wool with a thick black Rayon lining. It was purchased straight from the original owners family with pictures to prove its provenance. I purchased this item from one of the most reputable dealers on the web so I’m not concerned about authenticity or refunds etc. I was just looking to see if anyone else had possibly encountered this type before. Thank you! Cheers
proxy.php
"

He even states he's not concerned with authenticity because he purchased it from Shea. Great way to collect, it came from the broken swan's website so I know it's good. :thumbup:

Ah, thanks for that D. I wasn't aware of the WAF thread. Yes, Shea's claim that this has something to do with the MHJ is indeed laughable.

Back