HJ Martyr Rudolf Schröter Cuff title

Thanks Received
A martyr during the Kampfzeit (Year of struggle) called Rudolf Schroter died on the 12th February 1931. 22 others (including Rudolf) who died during the struggle years from 1923 to 1933 mostly murdered by communist have been given these honour titles of martyr. As you can see by the first photo it includes a sort of shire to these martyrs ( 3rd down on the left Rudolf Schroter). The 2nd photo is a photo I own of a boy who has the honour of wearing a cuff-title 'Rudolf Schroter'. Sometimes the DJ or HJ gefolgschaft unit that were members were given a cuff-title to wear as well as an honourary insignia. Interesting to see that only 100-200 boys got to wear that cuff-title. Any more info would be appreciated.
Josh

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

That's a great photo of an item that would, as you say, have been authorised at some point for use by members of Rudolf Schröters unit (very possibly his old Gefolgschaft). That chap in the photo is wearing the tradition stripe on his sleeve triangle which would date the photo to 1934 at the earliest so the CT must have been officially authorised. I was hoping to be able to find something on when that happened but I don't have any Gebiet 16 orders for 1933/4. There might be something in the RJF orders in 1933/4 if the CT was authorised around the time when the HJ martyr names were collated so I'll have a look through them.

Here's a similar item that I used to own from Bann 201 which was given the honour name Herbert Norkus:

Here's Schröters page in the book "Unsterbliche Gefolgschaft":

Edit: Also see that although Schröter was born in Dresden and killed in Leipzig, the chap in the photo isn't wearing a Gebiet 16 "Mitte Sachsen" sleeve triangle which is odd.

Attachments

Bloody hell thank you for that! Just made that photo a special photo for me !

On your first photo Josh there is the only female martyr by the name of Erika Jordan but she was removed from that list at some point. Anyone know why?

Yes she was the only female member of the Martyrs. Her name wasnt granted to a BDM unit but it was given to a BDM leaders school in berlin

Back