HJ medal Fake/Fantasy piece?

P

peterB

Hi

Came across this medal. Seems fairly well made but have not been able to find anything else similar. I could not even find any other HJ (apart from sporting achievement) medals so am wondering if it is a fake/fantasy item.

Cheers

Peter

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I have seen various threads/posts by peterB, but most of them
do include pure fantasy items (as for example the shown one or
the badge with the bat) or material which is "fixed".
I do not know, but did any person from this forum advise him to
buy some proper books?

I think he has inherited or picked up a large collection from someone that has passed away and is looking for help now. I don't think he is a collector in the sense that most members here are.

Hi

I have inherited a collection and am trying to get it sorted as it was basically dumped into boxes by the removal men. I am a novice looking for advice, but when I post it is generally because I have done some research and cannot find out anything about a particular item or am not sure as to its authenticity. Before I post I have generally looked through books by P Baker, J.R. Angolia, D. Littlejohn, B. Davis, and Rudolf Kahl, and then looked through the internet with particular attention to this site. It is made more difficult as the collection is peppered with general third reich military items, allied forces items, items youth organisations from other countries and odd items dating back to the Napoleonic era. And they are all totally new to me. I have many items that I have not posted as I have found information about them or am pretty sure of its authenticity. (e.g. I have posted on the fakes forums when I am sure I have found a fake from the info I have gathered, mostly from this site.) Of course this does not mean that I might inquire about an item that any half-experienced collector will know about and will instantly know is a fake, and for that I apologise and hope the members of this site will be patient with me..

Thank you all

Peter

Hi

I have inherited a collection and am trying to get it sorted as it was basically dumped into boxes by the removal men. I am a novice looking for advice, but when I post it is generally because I have done some research and cannot find out anything about a particular item or am not sure as to its authenticity. Before I post I have generally looked through books by P Baker, J.R. Angolia, D. Littlejohn, B. Davis, and Rudolf Kahl, and then looked through the internet with particular attention to this site. It is made more difficult as the collection is peppered with general third reich military items, allied forces items, items youth organisations from other countries and odd items dating back to the Napoleonic era. And they are all totally new to me. I have many items that I have not posted as I have found information about them or am pretty sure of its authenticity. (e.g. I have posted on the fakes forums when I am sure I have found a fake from the info I have gathered, mostly from this site.) Of course this does not mean that I might inquire about an item that any half-experienced collector will know about and will instantly know is a fake, and for that I apologise and hope the members of this site will be patient with me..

Thank you all

Peter
You don`t need to appologize for anything, and I like seeing fantasy badges too, always amazes me what people come up with to try and fool others.
Feel free to ask any questions and/or show any badges you have. We are here to help in any way we can.

Back