HJ Proficiency Badge and 1936 Reichsberufsweltkampf Badge. Are they both fakes?

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

I took a chance with 2 HJ Badges I saw for sale in an English auction house with minimal imagery and decided to not spend too much. Anyway the two badges arrived this morning so I was able to look in closer detail.

I regrettably suspect both are fakes but would welcome more expert opinions on the 2 badges.
1. Firstly the HJ Proficiency badge.
It is much heavier than any other examples I have ever come across, even double the weight of other similar badges.
It appears to be the silver version
Most notably it has two layers of metal. A finer metal used for the front design of the badge and a now rather blackened second tier of metal that carries the series number, RZM makes code and fixing pin on the reverse...
The serial no is 44482
The RZM code is M1/101

It is finished neatly enough and I cannot think that a fake badge would have so much effort put into marrying 2 different metals together and finishing the edges so neatly. But why is it made to be so heavy? Thats the puzzle...

Would welcome any thoughts or comments on this. hopefully if I cannot download pics at least my description above will set the scene...

2. Badge dated 1936 Reichsberufsweltkampf Trade Competition Badge
This is clearly dated on the front 1936 but my reference books suggest earliest versions of this small cogwheel type badge were not introduced until 1937....so I may have a fake here on my hands.
It does not have any makers markings on the reverse and is devoid of any wording on the reverse.

Again I would welcome any thoughts as to its genuineness or not /

Many thanks Jo

Attachments

Holy Moley!!!!:faint:
You "took a chance"?
Then you know already that the second is fake, because the genuines would cost you a good few thousand. Unless you paid... a few thousand?
The first is a horrible modern fake, and the second is.. well covered in detail on this forum I'm sure.. worse than poor....
Ooooops :snow:

Brehmer`s genuine proficiency badges have distinctive digits, especially the first stroke of the "1". Please compare here:

Some more close-ups of this badge:

Attachments

Back