HJ-Schiwart ( Skiing attendant ) cufftitle .

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I finally have obtained a super rare HJ Schiwart cufftitle for my collection . ( It took over 40 years ) .
This one is full length as well , White Bevo woven lettering on a black band .
Does anyone know what the qualifications were to be authorized this cufftitle ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very nice Joe. Just looking at an order from Sachsen here regarding an upcoming Skiwart training course to be held in Gebiet Hochland in Jan 1936. The course duration was two weeks and it is stated in the order that attention should be paid in advance to a RJF publication regarding the training, testing and appointment of Skiwarte. I'll have a look in my stuff and if I have it I'll give you a shout.

Thanks Garry , Ive wondered what the prerequisites were for not just the Skiwart but also the other attendent sleevebands as well .

Yes, it may well be in there Lauri. I used to have that book but sold it for some reason...

Just a quick answer to your question Joe:

Schiesswart = Shooting instructor

Geländesportwart = Fieldcraft instructor

Skiwart = Skiing instructor.

These courses were for leaders and all appear to have had a duration of two weeks. There was a dedicated Reich-level training school for shooting in Obermaßfeld but there were three other schools that combined shooting and fieldcraft training:

Reichsschiess/Gelände school 1, Boyden.

Reichsschiess/Gelände school 2, Potsdam

Reichsschiess/Gelände school 3, Mittelburg.

Some training was also conducted at Gebiet-level in the respective Gebiet leadership schools.

I have a little booklet from Gebiet Baden which contains all of the lesson plans for shooting and fieldcraft which I'd totally forgotten about until I started looking for info on this :)

I don't have much on skiing training yet but I have seen courses being offered in Gebiet Hochland and also by Gebiet Sachsen in the Harz mountains.

Back