HJ Sharpshooters enamel badge M1/14 Genuine example?. Thank you.

Thanks Received
Hello Gentlemen and thank you for accepting my joining request. This is my first post , i enjoy collecting HJ enamel badges but think i may have been sold a fake badge this time. I very much like these little shooting badges but am now finding it hard distinguishing genuine from non genuine examples. This one i received today has an odd looking number "1" in the M1 maker mark as it is without top swipe which is commonly seen on other examples also the enamel is sunken slightly and also the rear pin doesn't seem as sturdy as other examples and finally there is a spot of black enamel on the reverse of the badge at 1 o clock on the right hand side. I would really like your help fellas as i would hate to give up on these beautiful badges but i fear it might be too difficult for me to continue with them. Please see attached pictures , Thank you all in advance , hope you might be able to help.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Bit of a shame that there are no replies?. With respect it's Not much of an incentive to become a full member?? , anyway after my own research and help from my friend John and going on Jo Rivetts replies regarding the m1/14 badges this one is indeed a cast fake and shall be going back to it's seller asap.

Bit of a shame that there are no replies?.
Well I can only speak for myself, but I just get tired of being the bringer of bad news all the time, and having to say that something fake. But you found the answer yourself so that`s OK.
I also don`t want to comment on each and every small badge thread as soon as it gets posted.

Thanks for replies Jo. I think it will be worthwhile becoming a full member on here.
I can understand the breaking bad news bit. I had to do the same to the seller.
Never feels good. Cheers Jo.

Back