HJ Shorts for authentication please

Thanks Received
Hello friends,

So I quite like the look of these HJ shorts to complete my summer uniform ensemble, but would be grateful for others' opinions on them.

I think overall it looks and feels right - good quality construction, a mix of HJ/DJ and swastika buttons (these resemble the 'cog-wheel' buttons on a pair of Allgemeine-SS breeches I have, thought with an added swastika to the center), a few buttons replaced, button-holes tightened up due to wear, a repair in the back of one leg - they have what I think is a great, lived in patina that tells a story
Another thing that caught my eye is the very strong blue tint to the back of the steel adjustment side buckles - a product of heat-treatment, I assume?

Thanks for looking!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello ,
it looks good , did it has the 2 pocket on the back ?
the buttons were often replaced and I saw many shorts with DAF branded buttons and the correct RZM HJ label

I agree with Bertrand. Looks completely RZM compliant (except for the DAF gear button), lining and everything fits.
The manufacturing is likely to be 1936 or later (by then there was an additional watch pocket, and Genuakord/corduroy was common only for DJ winter shorts). 44 is a larger size.

thank you for the replies. the cog buttons have the swastika in the centre and rzm marks on the back. i can live with this slight error. It is great to have many people with more knowledge about these things.

Hello friends,

So I quite like the look of these HJ shorts to complete my summer uniform ensemble, but would be grateful for others' opinions on them.

I think overall it looks and feels right - good quality construction, a mix of HJ/DJ and swastika buttons (these resemble the 'cog-wheel' buttons on a pair of Allgemeine-SS breeches I have, thought with an added swastika to the center), a few buttons replaced, button-holes tightened up due to wear, a repair in the back of one leg - they have what I think is a great, lived in patina that tells a story
Another thing that caught my eye is the very strong blue tint to the back of the steel adjustment side buckles - a product of heat-treatment, I assume?

Thanks for looking!

looks great! thanks for showing!

Back