HJ Side Cap

Thanks Received
Hello to all, does this cap look to be original? Should there be a HJ diamond under eagle, thanks for looking.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

When these caps were first introduced in Feb 1936 they didn't come with a cloth diamond (these were first introduced on the summer cap in January 1940) and so for the first four years were worn with the standard metal HJ badge below the eagle. The cap looks fine to me based on the pics but I'm no expert on them. Pics of the inside showing the sweatband area and the label if it's still there would be useful though if possible.

Hello Gary, thanks, I don't have any more pics, they also have a HJ uniform, may post it later, could go look @ items in hand but over 3hr drive & gas is over $3 a gallon now, Best Regards.

for me a good cap ,Zacker
The eagle look fine too and is for a leader hj . And for the diamond GARRY gave you the information

for me a good cap ,Zacker
The eagle look fine too and is for a leader hj . And for the diamond GARRY gave you the information

Just a quick note on the eagle: when these caps were introduced there were no rank distinctions made. In 1938 the new dress regulations reconfirmed that but as I mention here, a later order, likely from 1939, restricted the eagle to the rank-range HJ-Rottenführer (DJ-Hordenführer) to HJ-Oberscharführer (DJ-Oberjungzugführer).

Back