HJ Ski-Führer badge opinions

Thanks Received
I have found a couple of old pins and one from what I've found is referred to as a youth excellant skier award. I would love some insight on this pin.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Gary thankyou so much for your insight on my ski badge,I've sent close ups out to numerous others one person whom has a original and they tell me that it is in deed a fine authentic badge.I would like to know where I might sell this as I have no use for it.thankyou.

Well thankyou Joe for that very brilliant answer in which I must have already known the answer to or I wouldn't have been asking.I was looking for someone that is familiar with these badges that can point me in the right direction apparantly it's not you.

Well thankyou Joe for that very brilliant answer in which I must have already known the answer to or I wouldn't have been asking.I was looking for someone that is familiar with these badges that can point me in the right direction apparantly it's not you.
Not here - on this thread! We have a sales section for members wishing to sell.
https://www.hj-research.com/forum/f93/

If you do list it, you`ll have to list it as a replica, because it is not genuine. It is quite a poor copy, even.

That being said, there are people who don`t really bother about that, and so you could try a dealer, maybe this one would buy it from you?
Personally I`d search about a bit online and find a dealer who has one, or has sold one/them before, and offer it to them. You might have to take a bit less than what they ask, but I`m sure one fo them would do you a grand for it. No collector will part with that kind of money without much better and detailed imagery, and I get the feeling you don`t want to go down that road.

Also change the approach, NOBODY, just has a genuine HJ-Skiführer badge laying around that they "have no use for."
:001_tongue:

Gary thankyou so much for your insight on my ski badge,I've sent close ups out to numerous others one person whom has a original and they tell me that it is in deed a fine authentic badge.I would like to know where I might sell this as I have no use for it.thankyou.

Hi Mike,

As Jo says, you can't sell it here because your account level doesn't have that facility. On the badge itself it would be prudent to ask the person who vetted your badge to explain how it can be so different when so few were required during the period. The positioning of the letters on yours suggests a different die to the one used on those considered to be originals. Makes no sense to me.

This badge is said to be the correct type:

...another example of a badge considered authentic:

I take back what I said about the letter position bias..

Attachments

That one is now at emedals.
https://www.emedals.com/a-cased-hj-skiführerabzeichen-ski-leader-s-badge-by-wittmann-muchen

Obviously nothing conclusive could be said just going on smallish images, but to me the whole thing just does not look right.

Can`t put my finger on what exactly, there are many issues. A major one is that it is supposed to be messing/brass, the standard bass metal, and then silvered. Which to me at least, when you look at the places that don`t have any silverwash left, and you can get in pretty close with emedals images in places, is just not what you see on normal messing that`s been silver washed and then had a bit of it worn off. Hard to explain it without having it and being able to show micro images of the parts I mean, but something is wrong with this, especially how the silverwash has "fallen" off in places. The space with no silver wash between GES.GESCH. and makers name is a dead give away for me. And no silver wash in the markings, protected areas that it can`t wear off? Yet it is worn off around many other places that it can`t logically be worn off on, like around the catch ends. Places that do not come into any "first contact" with daily wear. No, something is very fishy with this imho.
I`d eat crow of course if I was proven wrong, but to me this cannot be genuine, and the "patina" you are looking at was not achived by normal wear/tear/handling. At least not from what I am looking at. (Which will be very different to what 99,9% of collectors would be looking at)

It would be great if someone sent one of these to you Jo. Or of course did the microscopy themselves.

It would be great if someone sent one of these to you Jo. Or of course did the microscopy themselves.
They`d have to do it themselves.
Emedals does not believe in forensics, after the TeNo book came out, I told him about it, and the fakes he had listed, he did not take them down and has since sold them for 700-1000 Euros each. His reply was just: "I am a jeweler, I do not sell fakes" So he won`t be sending anyone anything, and won`t be doing anything except just listing item after item and waiting for them to sell.
I don`t know anyone else who would, after all, anyone who has one, has paid 4-5.000 for it, the very last thing they want, is to find out it is fake :w00t:

It also doesn`t matter, as these appeal only to a limited audience, so if anyone is willing to pay 5 grand for something with no proof it is genuine, then let them, these are in no way going to harm the average collector.

Back