HJ sports camp in Arnhem, the Netherlands

Thanks Received
Hi everyone,
I'm new here! Collecting everything related to the Netherlands in ww2. Thought I'd show this photo grouping from my collection.
The trainer is Tinus Osendarp, a Dutch sprinter. In the Olympic games 1936 he got the third place and they called him "der schnellste Weiße". The first place was for the famous Jesse Owens. during the war Tinus collaborated. He was a member of the NSB, Germanic SS and he hunted down Jews and resistance men for the Dutch police and SD.
This sports course (training leaders for the German "Körper Kultur") was held at the Jeugdherberg Alteveer in Arnhem.

The photo's were taken by a photographer from the Stapf Bilderdienst. Franz Anton Stapf was a nazi that moved to Amsterdam in 1935 and started his own photo/press company. He fled back to Germany after "Dolle dinsdag", 5 september 1944.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi everyone,
I'm new here! Collecting everything related to the Netherlands in ww2. Thought I'd show this photo grouping from my collection.
The trainer is Tinus Osendarp, a Dutch sprinter. In the Olympic games 1936 he got the third place and they called him "der schnellste Weiße". The first place was for the famous Jesse Owens. during the war Tinus collaborated. He was a member of the NSB, Germanic SS and he hunted down Jews and resistance men for the Dutch police and SD.
This sports course (training leaders for the German "Körper Kultur") was held at the Jeugdherberg Alteveer in Arnhem.

The photo's were taken by a photographer from the Stapf Bilderdienst. Franz Anton Stapf was a nazi that moved to Amsterdam in 1935 and started his own photo/press company. He fled back to Germany after "Dolle dinsdag", 5 september 1944.

Good evening,

Let me be the first to welcome you to HJ- Research. Great photos thank you for posting. It is great to find out more about the HJ out with Germany. I do hope Tinus Osendarp was hunted down as he did others and paid the price for his collaboration ?
I have been to the beautiful town of Arnhem and parachuted into it many times when I served in the Parachute Regiment. Nice friendly people always welcoming year after year. Please post more items from your collection.

Best regards....Ewan

Super interessant;-)
(Very interesting)
If you got more information about the HJ or BDM in Holland, please show!

I was hoping to see the "West Niederlande " gebietsdreieck in wear.

But it looks like they wear the "reichs deutschejugens ausland" triangle.

The attachment of the west Niederlande triangle is from my own collection.

Attachments

Welcome to the Forum and your interesting pictures ! You would hardly find so many sporty men in one place today. Mc Donald's and Burger King have ensured that there are too many overweight young people today. I found the story about the fastest white man, Tinus Osendarp, very interesting. Thanks for this historical background.

Back