HJ Sporttag Bann 126 Freudenstadt - ribbon

Thanks Received
HJ Sporttag Bann 126 Freudenstadt

Printed text on red and white ribbon

I assume the pin is a replacement (any comments?)

This is another item I have purchased but haven't received. Photo taken by the previous owner.

P.S. If I have the city name wrong, please let me know. The text on these ribbons is hard to read sometimes. Thanks.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Hi Mark,

Freudenstadt is the correct name for this locality. It is located in Gebiet Süd Württemberg.
Checking the Bann, I realized that Bann 126 matched to Schwarzwald from 1933 to 1937. Then there was a change.
Bann 126 has been assigned to the town of Kniebis.
I deduced from it that the locality of Freudenstadt had been the place of this gathering / festivity and not the number of the Bann.
Thanks again for this sharing.

Best Regards
Eric

Hi Eric,

Kniebis is also a small settlement that today belongs to Freudenstadt, correct. However, the naming of the Banne was done after the respective district town or a landscape area in which this district was located. In this case, Kniebis is a long ridge (Bergrücken) on which the settlement of Kniebis was also located. An old trade route also ran there, protected with several entrenchments. The Führerhauptquartier Tannenberg, used by Hitler briefly in 1940, was also located there.

Hi Eric,

Kniebis is also a small settlement that today belongs to Freudenstadt, correct. However, the naming of the Banne was done after the respective district town or a landscape area in which this district was located. In this case, Kniebis is a long ridge (Bergrücken) on which the settlement of Kniebis was also located. An old trade route also ran there, protected with several entrenchments. The Führerhauptquartier Tannenberg, used by Hitler briefly in 1940, was also located there.

Hello Jack,
Thank you for this additional information.
Eric

Thanks for the information. It is great to learn about the various locations where the events were held.

Mark

Back