HJ Streifendienst armband

Thanks Received
Found this unusual armband a year or 2 back. Never really understood if it was a prototype or just a drawn example? Regardless an interesting piece.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Its well done by a period artist . In my opinion , It was used when Streifendienst cufftitles were unavailable .

I've seen that same kind of cloth on other temporary armbands too. I agree that it's likely an unofficial item that was used in lieu of the CT or perhaps even prior to the introduction of it. The SRD as far as I know existed in 1934 which was before the CT was brought in.

Thanks guys. I just find it unusual that the original drawer of the armband did not fully shade in the letters, as well as made horizontal lines to make his line work proportionate.

Just came across a bit of info. In May 1934 Obergebiet West published instructions regarding the raising of HJ-Streifendienst units in preparation for the upcoming camping season. It describes what was was expected of these units and at the end describes the armband that they were to wear in order to identify themselves as members of the SRD:

"Der Streifendienst ist durch eine schwarze Armbinde mit gelbem Aufdruck HJ.Streifendienst gekennzeichnet. Die Armbinde wird am linken Unterarm getragen"

"The Streifendienst is identified by a black armband with HJ.Streifendienst printed in yellow. The armband is worn on the lower left arm"

PS Just to be clear, Armbinde = armband whereas Ärmelband / Armstreifen= CT so the order is clearly talking about an armband.

I don't know what might have been on this chap's second armband in this 1936 photo as it's illegible but it is being worn as described in the order for the SRD armband:

Attachments

That's really interesting info thanks. I'm sure I've seen it on the forum somewhere but when di the SRD cuff title come into general use?

..when di the SRD cuff title come into general use?

That was in 1934 Crack. Here is the order that introduced it:

Attachments

Back