HJ unknown Badge Bann 309 Leistungswettbewerb

Thanks Received
Hello, at a DJ / HJ estate this badge was there! ... Does anyone have exact information about this? Size about 6x6cm .... was sewn!
Thanks for Infomation!

Best Regards Palstek!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The patch is interesting. I've never seen one exactly like it. The construction appears to be similar to a normal standarbearers patch. It appears old but I could not say for sure if it is. The patches with a Jungbann / Bann number are typically much different in construction and appearance, looking hand made as opposed to woven. An interesting patch.

Hello, Hello, it is original and old, it comes from a family, he was first with the DJ / then HJ and finally briefly with the SS........it is woven!I would like to upload the rest of the estate, but I can not find the opportunity! where does that work, where can I upload pictures in the answer?

If it would be an item known to anyone of us, I think it would have been shown
a long time ago. I have never heard of it or read about it, nor is it mentioned in
any known regulation/document or whatever. Not that I know about.

Wonder what Garry has to say about it.
My main question is why woven? I guess there were not made many of them!
So why??

Palstek: this is what you showed at WAF. Is this what you were willing to show?

The word Leistungswettbewerb had something to do with the Deutsches Handwerk,
especially with a sort of contest by Bau-Gesellen or shoemakers and such. I have no
idea if it had to do with this "contest"? It is still done in Germany these days.

But for the youngsters of the HJ there did exist such a contest, which we all know as:
Reichsberufswettkampf, handled by the Deutsche Arbeitsfront in which the Deutsches
Handwerk existed. Matches or contest were held in many branches from the
Reichsinnungsverband.

Attachments

Hallo, ja ,das sind die Stücke vom Nachlass!
I've been collecting militaria for 45 years, and there are still things I have not seen!

Ja es könnte etwas mit Wettbewerb im Handwerk zu tun haben!
In a 1936 newspaper it says: "Der dritte Reichsberufswettkampf 1936 der Hitlerjugend, ein Leistungswettbewerb der in der HJ organisierten Berufsschüler"
Gruß Palstek

I didn't see this thread at the time but came across it just now during a search but I found another possible meaning for the patch. There was a competition in the Hitler Youth for Gefolgschaften and Fähnlein called the "Dienstleistungswettbewerb". The equivalent for the Mädelgruppen and JM-Gruppen was the "Reichsleistungswettkampf des BDM". The aim was to find the best male and female unit in the Reich based on particular criteria. For example:

How many achievement badges had been awarded to the unit.
How many shooting badges had been awarded to the unit.
How many had active savings books in the unit.
How much money was raised by the unit for the Winterhilfswerk.
How well did the unit perform during inspections.

I see these criteria listed in a Gebiet order from Gebiet Mainfranken dated Oct 1942.

Prizes for the best unit were awarded by the Reich Youth Leader. So this patch does have a basis in fact and it suggests that the best unit within Gebiet Mainfranken (prior to 1941 Gebiet Franken), in this case a Fähnlein I would think, was permitted to wear this patch. Now, I have read other primary sources where the winning female unit was given a type of ribbon that was attached to their unit pennant for one year. With that in mind, it is possible that the patch in post #1 had the same purpose but was worn on the uniform by the best Fähnlein (either within Bann 309 or the Reich), again, for a year. I would think that it was produced either by the Gebiet or by Bann 309 though and not by the RJF.

I'll try to dig out more on this.

The patch itself looks great by the way. Nice design.

Back