HJ Winter Tunic - opinions please

Thanks Received
Hi there,

I'm a new collector and was hoping that the forums collective knowledge could help at least reduce the risk of making a mistake for my first HJ related item.

I recently found a HJ Winter Tunic listed for sale and was wondering what the general consensus regarding it is?

The sales blurb goes as follows:

DARK BLUE HITLERJUGEND WINTER TUNIC
tunic belonging to a scharfuhrer serving in Bann 773.
Insignia consists of a machine applied brassard, also a machined "Sud Franken" triangle, shoulderboards are the slip-on variety. And alongside the bann numbers and metal pips, the have the red stripes, for HJ personnel doing war service work.
Tunic has no moth, and is in good all round condition.

I have attached the pictures that are posted with it - not sure if any more would be needed for further verification?

Really grateful for any feedback!

Thanks in advance, Mike

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The Bann number on the shoulder straps matches the sleeve triangle so that's good. The straps have the white cord for HJ-Streifendienst. The red is for war volunteers (Kriegsfreiwillige) but was usually a loop of red string. Bad news is that this isn't a HJ winter tunic because those had four chest buttons and were not open to the bottom like the one in your photo there. Happy to be corrected on that if I'm wrong though.

Hi there,

I agree with Crack not a winterbluse, compare it to my Dj hochland winterbluse I posted on the forum yesterday.

Best regards..Ewan

Thanks for the feedback - really appreciated!

Just for my own education - could this be a something they put together with what they could towards the end of the war, since they were running out of the proper items? Or is it something that might have been put together post-war to create an approximation of the real thing?

Good morning,

Unless you can find a period photograph of a HJ wearing that type of tunic ? then I think you can quite rightly assume
this collection of items has been put together by a collector/dealer post TR period either to fool a buyer or thro lack of knowledge.
I would not buy it personally as it is the wrong/incorrect.

Best regards

Ewan

Good morning and thanks Ewan! Makes sense to me, just wanted to add another little brick to the foundation of my (lack of) knowledge in this.

Hello Evan
Mike doesn't say it's a DJ jacket but Hj in the description and what you showed yesterday was also not a DJ jacket but HJ (even though the label says HJ-DJ). This kind of show jacket from Mike was also used. You can find some on the forum, I have one like this too but without a label. I don't know if there is a specific use. I have always seen it in blue "algemein Hj"
HJ DJ Winterbluse. Good one? one like in post 1
DJ Blouse Gebiet Nord Niedersachsen Oberbann 2 a correct DJ jacket
I hope it can help

Hi Bert(?),

Thanks for your reply. So just to confirm - you'd say that this looks genuine as to what it's being described as? The insignia etc matches and 'is at home' on this specific type of garment?

Cheers, Mike

sorry for the late response, for me it is correct but I have never seen one sewn of origin .
The one I have is without insignia

Back