HOCHLAND HJ WITH LONG HAIR

Thanks Received
3 rare Photos that I was fortunate to pick up showing an HJ Bann from Sud Hochland (wearing the Sud Hochland Triangle) taken around Munich, going by the Theater Restaurant sign behind the boys. What is interesting is that all the boys don't have the appearance that we would normally associate with the HJ with long hair appearing to be the regular style worn. Unfortunately no details are on the rear of photos indicating what area of Bavaria they are from and in 25 + Years of collecting HJ photos and documents its the first images I have seen of this Bann.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Photos are from 1934 around the time of Hindenburg's death which is why black armbands can be seen being worn.
The photos were taken in Muhlthal which is 81 km South of Munich

Last edited:
Hi EDD
interesting or at least strange photo!
Maybe they were punished and no longer allowed to cut their hair???

I think these are girls as the clearly identifiable males have shorter hair. Some of the girls are wearing DJ insignia and DJ-ish uniforms which, certainly by 1934, would not have been permitted of course and there must have been a reason for this. In 1934 MĂĽhltal was beyond the Reich border in Austria (would become part of Gebiet Tirol in 1938) and at this time the HJ was a banned organisation there. It was illegal to wear Hitler Youth uniforms which might explain the haphazard nature of most of those seen here. It looks like they were given to the kids so that there was an element of uniformity. Perhaps these kids are taking part in some event with visitors from Gebiet Hochland? Or of course something else. For the most part they look miserable though so who knows what is really going on here.

I completely agree with Garry, when you look more closely at "the long haired ones" I think the faces look very girlish đź‘©

Michael :denmark

Great pics What caught my eye is the girl ? in the 3rd pic beside the leader appears to have a barrett in her hair. Also check out the boys legs under the flag in the 2nd pic he is wearing sockettes with some sort of knee covers very strange

Hi Edd,

Lovely unusual photos, I had them on watch and intended to buy them, then forgot, your gain my loss.
They could well be girls ? Strange photos but fantastic, well done.

Best regards....Ewan

Back