I wish to learn background information about these badges I have.

Thanks Received
Hello, this is my first post and I am a new collector of HJ items. I have posted pictures, but I wish to understand the origins, usage and types of pins awarded for sports.
The 1934 porcelain was an award or a promotional pin? I think that It also was for the jugen fest. Is this the same series as the other 6 pins in the other pictures? Are the sports awards and the jugen fest pins two separate occasions or things? So is there a series of dated HJ "sports award pins" and what is the range of dates? Is there a series of jugen fest pins like the 1934 and were these for the DJ or HJ? Are jugen fest and sports awards the same thing?? I am so confused please help
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

That little 1934 ceramic badge is usually called a winner badge today but like Garry said it isn't. Just a fundraiser badge at the time.

Thank you for your help gentlemen. Could anyone please give me information on the jugenfest tinnies? It seems that there were also tinnies from these sporting events for each year. The earliest I have seen was 1933. Were these tinnies promotional as well and what are the date ranges? ? Also regarding the tinnies, weren't there DJ versions as well? If so what are the date ranges for the DJ sport tinnies? Thanks again!

No probs :)

Okay, the national Deutsches Jugendfest pre-dated the Hitler youth with the first one being held in 1929. It would be 1937 before the HJ gained full control of the sporting education of the german youth and from then the Deutsches Jugendfest became the Reichssportwettkampf. So, Deutsches Jugendfest day badges (left - the 1936 version) should, theoretically, be seen from 1929 to 1937 (pre-1933 without the swastika of course) but like you, I haven't yet seen any that are pre-1933.

Incidentally, there was another national pre-1933 event called the Reichsjugendwettkämpfe which date back to 1920. I have a badge myself for the 1932 event held in Kreis Gifhorn (right). I still don't know whether it is a day badge or a winner badge but I'm pretty sure that it will be the former. Anyway, that competition made its return after the war and is now called the Bundesjugendspiele.

There were many, many Bann (and equivalent) sporting competitions and there are lots of different day badges for these. Here's a Gebiet badge, a combined Gebiet/Obergau badge, one for the Sportsfest Leipzig and a Bann/Jungbann badge. There are loads more of these on the forum. Are these the type that you meant when you said "Also regarding the tinnies, weren't there DJ versions as well? If so what are the date ranges for the DJ sport tinnies"? As far as I'm aware the Deutsches Jugendfest badges were universal i.e. no specific design for the DJ.

Attachments

Was talking about these a few months ago on the PA Forum. These were just the normal Festabzeichen, the festival badge, and not a special badge for winners or whatever else it`s advertised as.

Attachments

Nice one Jo :thumb: Is that from a newspaper? Wouldn't mind seeing what else is in there :biggrin1:

Nice one Jo :thumb: Is that from a newspaper? Wouldn't mind seeing what else is in there :biggrin1:
I am trying to turn over a new leaf and bring the HJ Research Forum more traffic by using the tried & tested WAF method.. .Post something, and then just reap praise.
I didn`t really expect to be asked for the image source........
Ooooer..... best to discuss this via PM......

So I have 1933 to 1937 jugendfest badges metal. I have seen a 1940 but some are plastic and some metal?

Here you have a pic of my 1940-43 badges

1940 + 1941 + 1942 are plastic
1943 + 1943 with full cirkle of oakleves are metal

I think most of 1940-42 are plastic and 1943 always metal. That is just my experience.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Back