Interesting HJ uniform

Thanks Received
The picture shows Walter Wagnitz, a member of HJ Fähnlein (or Schar) 3, located in Berlin Wedding. Note the piping around the collar and the number "3". He was one of the "Blutzeugen", killed January 1, 1933.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Do you know the circumstances of his death in 1933, I wonder. It is indeed an interesting photograph.

Do you know the circumstances of his death in 1933, I wonder. It is indeed an interesting photograph.

Walter Wagnitz and some other boys were guarding the local HJ-office at Utrecht street in Wedding on New Years Eve 1932/32. When they left the building, the 16-year-old Walter Wagnitz was attacked and stabbed by communists. He died a short time later in hospital.

Walter Wagnitz and some other boys were guarding the local HJ-office at Utrecht street in Wedding on New Years Eve 1932/32. When they left the building, the 16-year-old Walter Wagnitz was attacked and stabbed by communists. He died a short time later in hospital.
I wanted to thank you for your reply, Osvald, and how informative it was but I do not have the capability for some reason. This account reminded me of the stabbing to death of Heini Völker in the film Hitlerjunge Quex whose picture I use for my avatar.

The number 3 surely will stand for Schar 3, as Wagnitz was a member of this.
There is some information to be found at the Internet
Internet also showed some images, maybe they are of interest.

Attachments

Thanks, you are right about that. In the book Gedenkhalle für die Gefallenen des Dritten Reiches, 1st volume "it is mentioned that Wagnitz belonged to Schar 3. However, I also found information in the book "Berlin Wedding" (Zur 75-Jahrfeier der Eingliederung in Berlin) that in the spring of 1930, Fähnlein 3 "Wedding" was set up under Arthur Axmann.

Great Information as always, Thanks guys. Unsterbliche Gegolgschaft, has information on all the Blood Martyrs of the HJ
Here is a photo from my collection, showing Unterbann 6 in Berlin. At the front fly the Honour Flags of Georg Preiser and Walter Wagnitz.
Edd

Attachments

Last edited:
Back